It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
(female)

Tracy4488 HB User
Exercising and gaining weight

I exercise between 4 and 6 days week between 30 and 60 minutes. Add in intervals where I get my heart rate up to 160 for 30 to 60 seconds. I sweat pretty good but I'm gaining weight. It isn't muscle because my cloths are getting tighter. Is it my diet? If I'm eating too much I guess exercise can slow down the weight gain but it will still happen.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User
Re: Exercising and gaining weight

Asides from working out are you also watching what you are eating? If you aren't watching what your eating, then you are only maintaining your weight and not really losing anything. Seems like you even said that you may even be gaining weight. Try drinking a glass of water before your meals to give you that full feeling. I love food and WANT to lose about 50 lbs (my dream) but I'm concentrating on small increments at a time. I also have health issues, a very slow metabolism and I don't think I eat that much...though not very healthy choices at times. But I have exercised and watched with I ate and loss 25 lbs in 6 month and kept it off for a year, but now I've gained 10 lbs back. So it's really determination. It also could be the type of workout that your doing where you are bulking up in areas that you dont want to bulk up in. I love cardio and I don't want to bulk up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
(male)

Dominic98 HB User

Hi all this is biggest issue all over the world and i think weight lose is not the big problem its my personally opinion and think spices food, Alcoahal, smoking, these thing are main reason of extra weight.Green tea,fresh fruit ,fresh vegetables,exercise are good for weight lose and Banana,body building,exercise are helpful for gain weight.

Last edited by Dominic98; 12-14-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
(male)

FrederickDa HB User

weight loss is easy but you have to careful about many things . you can not eat oily foods, non veg etc and drugs and smoking is also a issue for weight loss.
you can eat light food and fruits and keep on your exercise so you get good result.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Work your way into raising your heart rate to 130 bpm for 45 minutes and your weight will melt off. Buy a heart rate monitor, you wear it like a watch and it gives you real time info on your heart rate.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

Exercises would always be useless if not paired with proper diet.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

skinny fatgirl HB User

I have a heart monitor watch but I had to chane the batter it hasn't worked correctly since.

I heard the thingy that wrap around your chest is the best for calculating HR

Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
(female)

brokenweed HB User

Lots of women end up eating more when they exercise. Try keeping a food log to track what you are doing. If you see that you are snacking after a workout or eating larger meals, make an adjustment there.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

losspills HB User

Certainly have the effect of exercise, but the need is insisted, as to why weight gain, should be influenced by your lifestyle, for example, used to sleep at night, when the habit of eating supper in the evening, etc. ...... but still hope you can it has a good physique, come!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
(female)

rtenketi21 HB User

hi friend
just analyse your daily routine if you are taking extra fat in your food then exercise will not be help loosing weight take a proper diet and 8 hours sleep
daily work out.
-----

Old 10-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
(female)

swift2 HB User

Hi

make sure you have a balanced diet plenty of chicken and fish and veg. if your eating chops or bacon make sure to remove the fat. replace sugar with sweetners white bread for wholgrain brown bread also plenty fruit and water you should be drinking 2 lts of water daily. with a good diet and being consistent with exercise and diet you should see results. be patient. it would be a good idea to keep a food journal. having the occasional treat is fine in moderation. but keep in mind always why ur doing what ur doing. good luck

Closed Thread