It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

TeriAdele HB User
Not seeing weight loss

I don't know if this is the right place to ask. I have been on a diet since 23rd of October, I'm 5'2" and the last time i was at the hospital i weighed 74kg (that was 16th September) I know that is over weight; I don't like using the scales in the house as they all say something different. I did a BMI and it said my ideal weight should 115.5 - 120.5 so i would like to reach that. I have three meals a day; breakfast, dinner and tea; with tea being the largest meal, I drink up to three glasses of water a day. I have cut out snacking in between meals and cut out chocolate and fizzy drinks. I have increased protein in my diet, lowered my calorie intake. At the gym i have been doing cardio for 60 minutes (treadmill) since the 12th of November i have now added weights because i read that weights are more effective at burning calories than cardio, so i know go to the gym 4 days a week and do 45 minutes on the treadmill to warm up my body.

Mondays and Thursdays = I work my arms.

Tuesdays and Fridays = I work my Legs.

Wednesdays and Saturdays i stay at home and work my abdominal muscles

Sunday is my day off

I have not seen any results so far just my jawline has now become more noticeable. My problem area is my stomach.

Is it even worth keep going to the gym? As no noticeable results are appearing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
(female)

BunBun98 HB User
Wink Re: Not seeing weight loss

You cannot spot fat. Meaning, even if your only problem was your stomach you cannot workout and only lose weight in your stomach. Yes, the stomach is the hardest to get rid of. You need to start working every muscle in your body. Your legs, back and butt are you largest muscles so work those also. I tend to work 2 muscles a day and finish with 10/15 minutes of cardio cause I read in studies that it helped people get in shape more quickly. I worked out for about 2 years doing just legs, arms, cardio and classes and I never it the results I wanted until I tightened up my workout and eating. You need to work every muscle group. I never worked my chest or back before because I didn't want to look manly. I've been doing those muscle groups now for about a year and it makes such an awesome difference. There is no magic pill or drink or one particular workout that will get you skinny and keep you skinny. It's just knowing what to eat and how to work out! I use to buy packaged turkey, wheat bread and healthy packages dinners. Not knowing that that turkey and those dinners are filled with tons of sodium. And most of the time the whole wheat bread was just enriched wheat flower, which is just as bad as white bread. If the first ingredient in the bread isn't "100% whole wheat flower" or just "whole wheat flower", then it isn't good. I hardly eat any bread now anyways. I eat other good cards that i get from fruit or veggies. I hardly ever look at calories. I know that turkey, chicken, fish and veggies have a reasonable amount of calories. I now look for very low if any, sodium, sugar, carbs, fat. Take the time and compare labels. Shop basically on the outside of groceries stores. Make sure every meal has protein. You build muscle and that way you burn fat because fat is easier to burn instead of muscle. I do a cheat meal once a weak and don't feel guilty about it. You need to or you will end up going off the deep end and eat real bad every so often. Good luck and give it time. You will start to notice a great difference but it isn't easy but it's worth it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

peonies425 HB User
Re: Not seeing weight loss

dont give up!!! it sounds like you are on then right track...you story sounds similar to mine i was doing 60 minutes on the treadmill and 30 min on the weight machines..i would do a couple of minutes on the arm legs abs back each day about 4 or 5 days a week...i did it for about 3 weeks as i was on vacation...i loss 10 lbs ....when i went back to work my co worker was shocked and said what did you do...i really didnt know what she was talking about as i did not notice the difference...she said you lost your double chin and it is more defined...when i looked in the mirror..i noticed she was right!!! its gonna take about 3 weeks for you to notice any changes and if you are getting definition in your face..its working!!! dont give up!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User
Re: Not seeing weight loss

Increase the number of glasses of water you drink. This should be around 6-8 glasses a day. Water therapy is the best I have tried. Though, proper food intake should be done also like less carb and high in protein foods. Tea is also good, but water is a lot better.

Closed Thread