It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
(male)

Genes300 HB User
Looking to lose weight. Dont know where to start.

Hi there. I am a 22 year old male. 5'9. 185 pounds. About a year ago I was pretty thin at 140 pounds. Over the last year I have had many bad habits which led to me gaining 45 pounds such as drinking alot of beer and pop and eating fast foods. I have since quit drinking beer and am working on quiting the pop and fast food. I would like to get back down to about 150lbs and then eventually gain to 165 using a healthy method. But right now I just want to focus on the weight loss. I have never counted calories or nor do I know anything about weight loss or where to start. I work 60+ hours a week. As soon as I get home from work my fiance goes to work and I am taking care of my 2 1/2 year old daughter until we go to bed. So finding time to go to the gym would be very difficult but I do have a treadmill here at home. If anyone has any suggestions or can set me on the right path id truly appreciate it. Thanks

Old 11-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
(male)

willmfftt HB User
Re: Looking to lose weight. Dont know where to start.

I think your optimal weight should be about 170 if I am correct. You don't need to lose more weight than you need and gain weight with a healthy method. Whether you eat healthy or unhealthy, it's all getting stored the same.

I would suggest cutting out the soda and fast food completely and lower your calorie intake to maybe 2000 calories a day or even 2200. I find it easy to divide my daily calorie limit by 3 so I know how much to eat for each meal, makes counting a lot easier.

You should exercise at least 3-5 times a week, just going out for a 20 minute walk is fine.

You may want to look into taking milk thistle (herbal supplement) for maybe a month, it flushes out your liver. Talk to your healthcare provider first before taking anything though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
(male)

FitnessNut HB User

Try adding some resistance training to build muscle to reshape. Get some dumbbells and a chin up bar so you can workout at home.. There are a lot of good at home workout programs available to give you structure and a routine to follow.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

You should better start by having a healthy lifestyle. Doing manual household chores is also a great exercise if you cannot find time to go to the gym.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
(male)

Cambridge8 HB User

Run 3 kilometres a day on your treadmill. Eat organic food. Substitute beans for meat, except for fish. Substitute brown rice for bread, pasta, etc. Eat less. Drink lots of water. Easy!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
(male)

Ali007 HB User

If you are on a diet, it is important to know that there are good foods and bad foods. There is no uncertainty that a baked dish will trump a deep fried one any day, but what is important to know is that going on binge on a certain food is not going to help at all.

Last edited by Ali007; 03-14-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
(male)

jaketaylor HB User

Hi Genes… I would suggest you 1700-2000 calories per a day in 5 meals. Take more negative calorie foods; these are taking more calories actually what they had given. Stop visiting fast food restaurants, try to prepare your own meals and take plenty of water. Spend minimum 60 minutes on treadmill. If you stick this to 2 months definitely you’ll find weight loss.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
(female)

AnnaBee75 HB User

It seems as you have given yourself the answer. You must quit pops and fast food and use that treadmill. Do some research on the internet about the healthy foods and you'll see the results. Good luck!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genes300 View Post
Hi there. I am a 22 year old male. 5'9. 185 pounds. About a year ago I was pretty thin at 140 pounds. Over the last year I have had many bad habits which led to me gaining 45 pounds such as drinking alot of beer and pop and eating fast foods. I have since quit drinking beer and am working on quiting the pop and fast food. I would like to get back down to about 150lbs and then eventually gain to 165 using a healthy method. But right now I just want to focus on the weight loss. I have never counted calories or nor do I know anything about weight loss or where to start. I work 60+ hours a week. As soon as I get home from work my fiance goes to work and I am taking care of my 2 1/2 year old daughter until we go to bed. So finding time to go to the gym would be very difficult but I do have a treadmill here at home. If anyone has any suggestions or can set me on the right path id truly appreciate it. Thanks
You have received lots of great advice!!

The only thing I would add and I know the weather has not been that great in Cambridge, as here in Toronto, but after coming home from work and having dinner, I would get out and get active with your 2 1/2 yr. old. Now that Spring has sprung, take her for a nice brisk walk in the stroller for an hour or so.

I am sure you are exhausted at the end of your day, but believe it or not, the walk will re-energize you (believe me on this one). It will be good for your daughter as well (the fresh air) as opposed to watching tv.
You will sleep better too because of the fresh air and exercise, thus helping in weight loss.

Keep the treadmill handy for cold, rainy days and our long winters. Even in the winter, get out and shovel with your daughter, taking her for walks in the toboggan, even go toboganning with her.

As you said, stay away from the "junk" food. When you start seeing results, you will be even more motivated to keep on going.

~Adult onset epilepsy~

Closed Thread