It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
(male)

MintBerryCrunch HB User
Cutting back on Aspartame to lose weight

Hi everyone, my first post

I would like to discuss with others on this board about aspartame. I drink alot of diet soda/fizzy drinks that contain aspartame. I have been reading alot on the internet about the controversies of this type of sweetener. After much reading/researching I have decided to cut back on Aspartame & see if i can lose weight because I think this is whats holding me back to reach my target weight.

Anyways what do you think about this Aspartame, does it help you or does it cause problems?

Greetz,

Mint Berry Crunch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Cutting back on Aspartame to lose weight

Welcome!!!

I think it's a great idea to cut back on artificial sweeteners. I have an issue with them too. I stopped drinking diet soda three months ago but I still drink coffee and other beverages with artificial sweetener.
From what I have read, there are a few correlations between overweight and aspartame. Some studies say that because people drink diet soda, it gives them permission to eat higher calorie foods around it and they think they are helping themselves (like a bacon cheeseburger, large fries, and a diet Coke, for instance). Other studies say that the extreme sweetness of artificial sweetener can give a person cravings.
I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, No amount of aspertame is good, it is poison. If you really need to use a little sweetener, use stevia, small amounts will not harm you.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

Yes, best wishes as you get healthier! I am slowly getting off the artificial sweeteners, myself.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
(male)

FitnessNut HB User

Great place to start. Good luck!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User

The best place to start is cutting calories and increasing exercise.

Fads like cutting non-caloric foods will not get you weight loss and replacing then with caloric foods will get you weight GAIN.

The aspartame boogey-man has long been been debunked. If you can drink only water as a beverage, go for it, but replacing a Diet Coke with a Regular Coke will get you only heavier.

Closed Thread