It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

Dandy33 HB User
Question Long time weight plateau!!..

In April 2010 having reached 206lbs (16st 2lb) I decided to get into losing weight especially as I have a bad back. I lost 30lbs that year and had a wee break over the Xmas hols. January 2011 I got back on the wagon and continued with my 1200 calorie diet but found that my weight just would not shift. I then changed to 1000 cals, then 800 cals for a few weeks and have also tried doing low carbs but with absolutely no loss at all... if I do manage to lose a pound or two it will then go back on again after a few days no matter how I try.
Being on Co-codamol and Naproxen for my pain and having an under active thyroid for which I take 150micgrs of Thyroxine per day, I do feel that this may well have a great deal to do with this problem.
Any suggestions PLEASE!!

Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User
Re: Long time weight plateau!!..

You better do more exercises as well. Do not just focus on the foods you eat. It is better also if you join diet programs or consult a dietician so that you have someone to monitor your food intake.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
(female)

closertogod HB User

You are eating too few calories!

Take a break. Up your calorie intake to your BMR for a week, and only do light work outs (I suggest walking). Then cut back down to your 1200 kcal diet (net kcals! you have to factor in kcals burned!) and make sure you're getting a gallon of water a day and plenty of sleep.

This is the ultimate plateau buster.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
(male)

FitnessNut HB User

If you drop your calories too low your body will start to conserve energy by slowing down the metabolism because it is starving at that point. Its not simply calories in/calories out. The body is more complex than a furnace. Get all your hormones checked as well. Not just sex hormones, but thyroid, insulin, etc. if these are out of whack. It makes it harder to lose weight

Closed Thread