It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

Melissa1958 HB User
Question Weight Loss So Slow

I began dieting January 14 after weighing in at 171. This was a shock as I've always been pretty much a 135-pound person. I just allowed the weight to creep up over about a 5-year period, and avoided weighing, and kept buying bigger and bigger clothes. Very head in the sand.

So I changed from eating and drinking all I wanted of everything, to a very strict calorie counting plan involving things like Lean Cuisine, little portions of yogurt, applesauce, etc. - everything pre-measured, no guessing. 1500 calories daily. Also began working out 30 minutes 3 times a week on a recumbent bike or a treadmill.

Now, since January 14, I've lost down to 166.4. This seems disappointing to me. I would have expected maybe 10 to 12 pounds in 40 days, not 4 and a half. I weigh daily. Blood work says thyroid is normal.

Any advice?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User
Re: Weight Loss So Slow

Why not add exercises also along with your diet. It is hard to lose weight by merely dieting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would get a copy of your thryoid results and post them for comment. Many Drs overlook subtle signs of hypothyroidism, and the upper limit for "normal" TSH has dropped recently. I agree with what you are describing, your weight loss is less than one would expect.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
(female)

Terra835 HB User

She said she works out 30 mins 3 times a day on a recumbent bike or a treadmill

But anyway I've been working out and cutting back on my eating for a month and a half and I havent lost any weight so your not alone, I walk 2 to 3 sometimes 4 times a day.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi melissa, unfortunately when you hit your fifties your metabolism slows to a crawl. Many people have the problem that when they adhere to a strict diet they do not lose as much weight as they want. The only way to spike your metabolism is intense cardio. In the exercise regimen your are doing you are burning 900 calories a week, not that much to make a significant difference. Work your way up to an hour a day to burn 4200 calories a week which is a little less than burning off a pound and a half or 6 pounds a month.So you can see that in six months you will be wearing that thong bikini to the beach. Make sure you are working out hard enough to raise your heart rate and sweat lots. Me, I am the first skinny in a fat Italian family all because I do daily cardio, its not fun or easy but the benefits go way beyond losing weight.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
(female)

deja694 HB User

Hi Melissa, there could be several reasons like less food makes metabolism slow, as per your expectation exercise is less or you need something different. So according to you what could be the reason, you think. If you are doing everything fine then next try for weight loss supplements or natural diet pills. I am not sure but consult with physicians before use.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
(female)

Claire8019 HB User

Hi,
I'm joining the conversation because I eat healthy but I lose scarcely. I'd like to find a natural way to boost my weight loss. Could you give me some advices please? Cheers, Claire.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Smile Re: Weight Loss So Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire8019 View Post
Hi,
I'm joining the conversation because I eat healthy but I lose scarcely. I'd like to find a natural way to boost my weight loss. Could you give me some advices please? Cheers, Claire.
Hi Claire, you could try whey protein powder as a meal replacement as it contains all of the essential amino acids which will accelerate weight loss and preserve lean muscle mass. I have taken it for years and it really works and since you already eat healthy then all the better.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #9
(female)

Claire8019 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvegas View Post
Hi Claire, you could try whey protein powder as a meal replacement as it contains all of the essential amino acids which will accelerate weight loss and preserve lean muscle mass. I have taken it for years and it really works and since you already eat healthy then all the better.

Hi, thank you for your answer.
According to you, drinking more water and drinking tea like green tea, can help to burn fat and lose weight?

Have a good day.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Smile Re: Weight Loss So Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire8019 View Post
Hi, thank you for your answer.
According to you, drinking more water and drinking tea like green tea, can help to burn fat and lose weight?

Have a good day.
Yes Claire green tea is a great fat burner as is green coffee extract. My favorite supplement is probiotics as the are good for weight loss, aid digestion and support immune health. Of course a little exercise is benefitial to help you reach your weight loss goals........Good luck!

Closed Thread