It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

Angelalovew HB User
Has anyone tried Belviq or Qsymia for weight loss?

Adipex makes me so jittery and I was thinking of trying Beviq or Qsymia for weight loss. Has anyone tried either of these?

Old 07-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
(female)

Kendra01 HB UserKendra01 HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Belviq or Qsymia for weight loss?

I just got a prescription for Belviq yesterday. I haven't even picked up the pills yet. I have done some research, but the problem is that not many people have tried it, since it's just come out last month, so not many comments can be found.

I'm dying to discuss this med with others who take it.

My endocrinologist prescribed it for me. We are going to give it 12 weeks and see how well it works.

What have you decided to do? It's my understanding that Belviq does not make you jumpy or excited. It works by increasing serotonan levels. I don't like to take meds, but I hope this can help give my weight loss a boost. Also, it's not habit forming.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kendra01:
Angelalovew (09-25-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
(female)

wich56 HB User

I just got a prescription for Belviq on Friday from my GP -- she doesn't like Qsymia, especially for people with mood disorders like me. Qsymia is just a combination of phentermine & Topamax -- you could try it generically for much cheaper than the brand name

I'm seeing really positive early reports about Belviq -- great weight loss, hardly any side effects, also really impressive reduction of blood glucose readings & consequent reduction in diabetes meds for diabetics. Someone called it "instant will power" -- reduced appetite, reduced cravings for carbs. I'm excited about trying it, & will try to remember to post results.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-22-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
(female)

wich56 HB User

BTW, if Adipex makes you jittery, you def don't want Qsymia -- Adipex is phentermine, & that's one of the 2 components of qsymia.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
(female)

megsmom8816 HB User
Smile Re: Has anyone tried Belviq or Qsymia for weight loss?

I have had a prescription for Belviq for about three months, but just filled it yesterday and took the first one today. I was holding out for more feedback on it, but I really needed a boost in my weight loss. I need to lose about 40 pounds and I have a severely underactive thyroid, so the weight is not coming off despite my best efforts. I would love to hear some feedback on others trying this pill.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
(female)

Angelalovew HB User

I am hoping to see the doctor this week and get a prescription. I have no will power AT ALL. I hope it will help me.... I need to lose 50 lbs.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
(female)

megsmom8816 HB User

Good luck! I really hope this helps. I can't take Phentermine at all...I don't handle caffeine well. Today the only side effect I noticed was dry mouth and a headache, but it has rained all day and I think it was a sinus headache....nothing unusual for me. Keep me posted please!

Old 09-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #8
(female)

dgruel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsmom8816 View Post
I have had a prescription for Belviq for about three months, but just filled it yesterday and took the first one today. I was holding out for more feedback on it, but I really needed a boost in my weight loss. I need to lose about 40 pounds and I have a severely underactive thyroid, so the weight is not coming off despite my best efforts. I would love to hear some feedback on others trying this pill.
Hi, I registered especially to reply to this thread.

I have an underactive thyroid, need to lose 40lbs too and have started belviq today. I was surprised at how quickly I am feeling the effects although I wonder if it is psychological.

How have you been faring on it so far?

Old 09-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #9
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User

I haven't tried any of the drugs or supplements, but with my lack of weight-loss progress, I am almost ready to book a flight to LOURDES.

I need to lose 20 pounds and this should not be rocket science, but I just cannot seem to BUDGE my weight anymore. It only seems to want to go UP.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
(female)

megsmom8816 HB User

Unfortunately after two days on it I stopped. I had a migraine for both days, and I don't know if that would stop after an adjustment period, but I can't work with a migraine. I might try again in a few weeks just to make sure it wasn't a coincidence that I had migraines both days.

Does anyone know if those would have gone away had I just waited it out for a week or so?

Old 09-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User

My theory is that a major headache from a drug is a good reason to abort the drug, unless it was absolutely essential to life.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
(female)

Angelalovew HB User

I got a prescription last week and I am on day 5. The only thing I've noticed is that I do not crave sweets. I feel very very tired tho. EXTREMELY tired. No energy. I was having problems sleeping, now I don't.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
(female)

megsmom8816 HB User

I tried it again......I really wanted to be able to take it....but the headache it gave me was not worth it. Back to the drawing board. I did get a new medication for my thyroid this week, so maybe that will help. My doctor says my levels are so bad that I have no metabolism....she said I could eat carrots and lettuce leaves all day and would never lose weight. That's encouraging...NOT!

Old 10-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
(female)

willow0371 HB User

I am currently on Qysemia. I have not had any adverse side effects. I was already taking Topamax. I have lost close to 25 pounds. The downside, my insurance does not cover this, but I can use my FSA, it costs over $200 a month.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
(female)

AlyxaG HB User

Hi! Im new here, first post actually lol but i wanted to reply.

Im currently on qsymia. Well kind of. Actual qsymia is too expensive for me as my insurance wint cover it, so im replicating it. I take 50 mg topamax daily and 15 mg phentermine daily. 25 topamax and the 15 mg phentermine in the morning and another 25 mg topamax at night. Ive been on it 9 weeks and lost 22 pounds so far! Its working wonders for me with very few side effects. For me personally, the topamax effected me more than the phentermine did. On the 15 mg of phentermine i have never once felt jittery, uppity, high, or hyper. If snything sometimes i notice i feel more awake, but like i drank a cup of coffee. No heart pounding or palpitations either.

Reply Reply