It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

Wilkinson HB User
Increased cardio exercise but no weight loss

Just a curious question - I'm trying to lose a few kilos and have started jogging (decided I'm not willing to give up too much food) and it hasn't seem to make any difference to my weight.

For the last week I have jogged 5 - 10 kms at roughly 9kms ph (3 - 6 miles at roughly 5.5 miles ph) 6 days per week. 2- 3 times a week I do intervals as well.

I haven't made too many changes to my eating, except try to balance it a little better. I have increased the amount of fresh food and amount of vegetables and protein I'm eating. I'm not much of a bread/pasta person so there aren't too many carbs (I get stomach problems if I do). I have a big sweet tooth but have cut out a lot of the rubbish I was eating. Generally keeping calorie intake to around 1500 calories a day.

I'm not overweight as such but have put on a around 6 kilos over the last year. I'm a pilates instructor so generally pretty active.

If any one could offer an explanation of why the increase cardio exercise isn't making much of a difference or any tips that would be awesome.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
(female)

lindaline HB User
Re: Increased cardio exercise but no weight loss

It takes more than a week to see the results. Exercise reduces stress which reduces cortisol which reduces belly fat. It also improves skeletal muscle insulin sensitivity which brings insulin levels down. And speeds up the metabolism.

Get rid of all sugary drinks. Only drink milk and water for awhile and see if it gets the ball rolling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply