It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
(male)

Paki guy HB User
Does green tea hydrate or dehydrate?

I question my friend asked.

I've been trying to pay more attention to staying hydrated recently. I got a "water balance" app, and it logs all coffee, or tea (it doesn't make a distinction between black and green) as dehydrating. I get that caffeine makes you pee a lot, which has a net dehydrating effect, but I read somewhere (maybe on the back of a snapple bottle?) that green tea has about 1/4 of the caffeine of a cup of coffee, so it has to be more hydrating than coffee, right?

Sure, I could drink decaf tea, but I like a little bit of caffeine, so I can get stuff done.

There's also silly stuff on the internet about green tea being more hydrating than water, which just seems silly, since it does have some caffeine.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Last edited by Administrator; 05-18-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Does green tea hydrate or dehydrate?

Yes green tea has 1/4 the caffeine as coffee and is considered to be a hydrating beverage but only in very moderate amounts. If you are getting a caffeine kick you are probably drinking too much. Using water as your main hydrating beverage with no more that 5 cups of green tea a day would be ideal. It is also very healthy because it has antioxydants.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

lunnyanne HB User
Re: Does green tea hydrate or dehydrate?

its cafeine so it dehydrate you for sure but they do say its good with antioxidants witch help your skin so half and half.

Closed Thread