It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

elise85 HB User
Calories burned working out - use em?

Hi,

I have been working out really hard for several weeks but it is not helping with weight loss, though I am getting stronger. So now it is time to overhaul my eating. I have been eating healthier, but not any huge changes. I have a calorie counter app that I will be using. But I'm curious on the calories burned during working out, if I put that into my app it allows me to use those for food as well. Is that a good idea? Or should I still stay with my original calorie limit?

My gym time is about two hours, 30-40 mins of cardio with weight lifting and other things of that sort, using a plan found online. Just the cardio is between 300-400 calories burned, I have a heart rate monitor I plan to use to find how many calories I'm burning in the other portion of my workout.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Calories burned working out - use em?

Hi Elise, first off you are very smart using a heart rate monitor as a matter of fact you are the only person I know besides me that uses one. If you want to lose weight and get in the best shape of your life and become a warrior princess I will tell you how. First, bump up your cardio to an hour and out of that hour keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone for 40 minutes. The fat burning zone is determined by this formula 220 minus your age X .7. This number will put you in the middle of your fat burning zone measured by the number on your heart rate monitor in beats per minute. Having accomplished this your body will experience the "after burn" in which you will be burning calories even hours after you are finished. From the hour you do this you will probably burn 700 to 800 calories plus the few hundred during the after burn. Then, do your weight work routine for a half hour to 45 minutes. When you are done with the weights do another half hour of cardio and you are done. If you do this routine at least 5 days a week you will not have to worry about calorie counting as long as you do not eat the wrong foods. You may not be able to do this routine right away so work your way slowly into it until you can accomplish this routine. And, I would not recommend anything to you that I do not do myself. Realistically, you should expect to loose at least 5 pounds or more a month until you level out to a weight I am sure you will be happy with. Good luck to you on your training.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

elise85 HB User

Thank you for your information!

Old 08-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

skinny fatgirl HB User

i'm confused 220 -(your age) then x 7? I misunderstood right?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny fatgirl View Post
i'm confused 220 -(your age) then x 7? I misunderstood right?
Yes I will write it out......... two twenty minus age times point seven or .7 This will put you in the middle of the fat burning zone....

Old 08-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Trish0102 HB User

I want to start using that calorie meter heart rate monitor as well. I guess this will be a big help to manage one's workout progress. Anyway Elise, how long have you been working out? Losing weight do take some time for some people to take effect. Just continue what you are doing and I believe you will eventually see good effects.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-20-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Closed Thread