It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

West Nile Virus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

Hiccups HB User
West Nile Virus: Possible Symptoms

4 or so days ago, me and my family returned from a trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina. The many places we went two had an expected number of mosquitoes , because as you know, humid weather does indeed attract the bothersome creatures. I got many bites from all sorts of places, pools, mini-golf courses, even kayaking. Though I must admit it was a fun trip, something's been really bothering especially today.

I woke up this morning with a very high fever, and a headache that rattled it's pains throughout my brain. I was tired and dizzy, and I had to take care of multiple stresses of schoolwork and babysitting. Up until a few hours ago, aches and pains in my muscles and joints started to also form, and i found myself looking up some of the symptoms of West Nile Virus.

Out of the 6 symptoms I read from [URL=http://www.nsc.org/library/facts/westnile.htm]this site[/URL] , I have 4 of them, listed above. If I do have a minor case, I can't help but be worried, because I officially start school one day from now. I don't wan't to get too worried, so I just need some suggestions on how to find out for sure in a short period of time.

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
(female)

IwishIwereaman HB User
Re: West Nile Virus: Possible Symptoms

Yes, my mother just had it, and your symptoms are similar...especially the high fever w/ those things..BUT....just know there is no cure, and your body just has to fix it on its own. It does take 3-14 days though generally for symptoms to appear. And it does take about a week or so to get any kind of test results back...so, in saying that...just note it generaly is worst for those over 50 years old...and most do no know they have it due to the similarities to the flu. Cross your fingers you don't have it...but you should go immediately to hospital if you neck becomes severly stiff...but I would CALL YOUR DOCTOR NOW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
(male)

lloopy HB User
Re: West Nile Virus: Possible Symptoms

The symptoms you refered to were for West Nile Fever. I doubt that you were developing WNV and I hope and trust you have recovered by now. Good luck

Closed Thread