It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

West Nile Virus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
(female)

dreamer101 HB User
pinched nerve or WNV?

i was house-sitting for some friends and sleeping in an unfamiliar bed and uncomfortable pillows. i was out in the evening and had gotten bit by a few mosquitos, thought nothing of it. within 2 days i woke up feeling terrible. i had a stiff neck and a shooting headache. my tummy was upset and i thought it was b/c i had eaten an early dinner, so i had a sandwich, i only ate 1/2 of it, i wanted to throw up. my mom suggested i seek medical attn and thought i had menangitis.

i brushed it off saying i had probably gotten a kink in my neck or pinched a nerve, i can hardly turn my head.

my back and neck pain have subsided some, but i rely on tylenol frequently throughout the day. i'm also not able to "get enough sleep" no matter how long i sleep i do not feel rested. i have also been really distracted and "spaced out" i feel like it takes me a really long time to focus and my reaction time is significantly delayed.

just thought today that i might have WNV. from what i read online, there isn't much going to the DR will do. and there typically aren't lasting symptoms.

anyone think i might have WNV? should i go to the DR or wait it out?
thanks for your advice in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to dreamer101 For This Useful Post:
drumz (07-19-2012)
Closed Thread