It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2003, 10:17 PM   #1

envelopekitty HB User
Exclamation Uneven breasts.

Hello all. I'm new to this site. And I was wonder, since maybe some of you have gone through the same situation as I am, that you could give me some help or advice.

Well, to start off, I'm 16 years of age. I've noticed since I was 14 that my breasts have become uneven. And now I can't wear a bra without putting extra padding in where the small breast is. And it's becoming very stressful and it's really made my confidence sink greatly. And I can't wear some of the things normal girls do, like bathing suits, because it's too weird looking.

I would just like to get some advice, comments.. anything. I know that uneven breasts are common. But, I'd like to hear from people who know a little bit more or have been through the same thing.

Thank you.

Old 02-18-2003, 10:44 PM   #2
(female)

lascot HB User
I have this issue also. Usually, I try to work w/ the adjustable straps. I am a larger busted woman so I buy my bathing suits from a place that sizes accordingly. I can say that what helps my is buying bras w/ the removable pads, a number of wonderbras are that way. I keep the pad in one side & remove it from the other.
LAS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2003, 06:08 AM   #3

Pandabaire HB User
Well, I've put up with this problem since I started developing too - and I'm currently 33. My problem could have been a lot worse, as I've seen photo's of women who were a size B on one side, and size DD on the other. I asked my gynocolist once if this problem could be corrected by diet and excersize, and she told me that asymmetric breasts can only be fixed by surgery. Because you are only 16, you probably can't afford surgery right now, and I don't think a doctor would do the surgery on you anyway until your older - when they consider you as having been "fully developed". By the way, surgery can cost anywhere from $3000 to $6000 and that's just in my city - if you live in a bigger area, it could be more money.

Depending on how big you are in your bra size, they can do 2 things. If you are on the smaller size scale (an A or B cup in both breasts), you can have breast implants put in (they will over fill on the smaller side to make both breasts even)or if you are on the bigger size scale (C or D cup in both breasts) they can do a breast reduction to make both even.

Most of my life I wore a smaller 36 B size bra and my left side sagged, but not too badly. After a pregnancy I was about a 34-36 C (small, not full C but it sagged worse) in my bra size. I had to always stuff the right side because it was about a 34-36 B (not full B though but perky) so I always had to wear a bra because it looked ridiculous when I was bra less. I literally had "winking" breasts in which the right side was perky with the nipple pointing out, and the left side was saggy and bigger with the nipple pointing to the ground. Extremely embarrassing!

I finally decided at the age of 33 to get the problem fixed. I did not want implants because of fears of problems with those, and I don't like the fact that they have to be changed out every 10 to 15 years. I decided to have a mastopexy (a breast lift) done on my left breast only to try and match up more evenly with my right breast. I considered my top size to be small, but decent with some volume and that's why I decided to do it this way. If I had been a really small A or B cup with little volume, I probably would've had implants put in.

I had my first surgery in June of last year. He made a cut under my breast crease, and from the crease up the front to my areola. Another insicion was made around the areola and the nipple was cut away and then brought up. Some fat was removed and I was stitched up. I had no pain really, (it looked worse than it felt!) and only took tylenol during recovery - even though I was prescribed pain killers. I was estatic after surgery to see 2 nipples even and pointing in the same direction!!

It's been 8 months now, and because there is some settling after surgery, my doctor and I can see that there still needs to be some more tissue taken out (it's still a bit bigger looking than the other breast) and the areola has stretched (this sometimes happens)so he wants to make it smaller to match my other side. So, I have another surgery scheduled for March 20th to do, in his words, some "tweeking and fine tuning". This second surgery is going to be free of charge.

I guess all I can say to you is that because your still very young, you need to hold out and wait until your body is fully developed. By the time you reach college age, you should know whether or not this is something you want for yourself. I would say, save your money and try to have something done by a reputable doctor earlier in life than later. I wish I had done it when I was a lot younger, but I'm glad I had it done even at this age.

I know how this can effect your self esteem in your mind and possibly relationships with the opposite sex. I did meet a man and married at the age of 24 back in 1994 - he did not care about the size difference and loved me anyway - so don't think that you'll never get anyone with uneven breasts. I just really wanted to do this for myself to make me feel more "normal" so I did it. But yes, I wish I had done it years earlier. Good luck to you

Old 02-19-2003, 06:09 AM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You are young so the uneven breast may catch up but in the meantime why not see a proffessional bra fitter so they can show you what types of bra's will work best in your situation as well as what your correct size should be.

Old 02-19-2003, 01:41 PM   #5

arnett81 HB User
hey,
I empathize. I have the exact same problem..I have tried buying inserts and stuff but it never really works for me. Everybody keeps saying surgery is the only option but I wish I didn't have to go that route..I know how frustrating it is especially since the problem didn't start till I was 16 (I'm 23 now) and is still and issue...

Old 02-19-2003, 03:43 PM   #6
Inactive

2bad4u HB User
Ladies - don't worry. it's OK. really.

My ex gf had uneven breasts (quite noticably) and she did the same things some ladies have described. I think she used an insert to fill out the smaller one for when she went out.

She dealt with and accepted this condition for a long time (she's 30 now) but hasn't gotten surgery either. She's "ok" with herself, with how she is.

I tell you - I truly loved her and was genuinely very attracted to her even though she was not "perfect" as too many women feel they have to be nowadays...After a while, because i loved her so much, i hardly even noticed her uneven breasts, because "she" was so much more than just a pair of "breasts" to me. You SEE what Love can do? When a person loves you, they love you for who you ARE, NO MATTER WHAT you look like.

Just love yourselves for who you ARE, and do what you need to in order to reconcile within yourselves, that "hey - this is just the way I am. sure it's a little different, but it's not the end of the world - it doesn't mean that I'm ANY less special than the next woman".

Don't worry - nobody is perfect, NOBODY. You have to learn to give yourself permission to just be who you ARE. It IS enought. Really.

Old 02-19-2003, 05:37 PM   #7

Bill Magic HB User
I happen to think uneven breasts are very sexy. I don't think any woman has completely identical breasts.
I can't believe that some here would opt for surgery.Wouldn't the scars be more bothersome to your lover than the uneven breasts?

Old 02-19-2003, 05:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
My breasts are different sizes too. I posted on this recently. I was a size "A" all thru high school. After having kids I am a size large "c" and the other is a size small "c". It's noticable and I hate it. But, I can't change it. So many of us want larger or smaller or even size breasts. I guess we all have some issues. It just bothers me. The bigger they get, the more uneven they get. I guess I had to vent too. Oh, and I recently started bith control pills, so are they gonna change yet again?!?
Tink

Old 02-19-2003, 07:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Hey, heaps of girls have uneven breasts so try not to feel too bad! Hopefuly in time, they will even out a bit. A friend of mine who had uneven breasts went on the pill and it sorted her out-but everyone's different.

Atthe moment, why don't you try getting a professional bra fitted. there are even bathing suit shops that will make bikinis/takinis/one piece suits with one cup padded or whatever just for you, so try looking at something like that maybe too.

Old 02-20-2003, 05:28 AM   #10

Pandabaire HB User
I appreciate that men have given replies on this topic because it does go to show this young lady that breasts aren't very important to them in the scheme of things. My husband is the same way, he loves me regardless of ANY imperfections.

The problem here is that it's not about men. I think they have a hard time understanding this. One of my girlfriends was talking to my husband before I had the surgery done and he did remark "I love her no matter what - it was never an issue to me". She stared straight back at him and said "But, it's not about you...it's about her and how she feels about herself."

Don't get me wrong...I'm not some mess of a person who is insecure. I am a very attractive, intelligent woman with many talents and I have a lot about myself that I am proud of. Sure, I have the common complaints every female has of "If I could only loose 15 pounds, if I could only tone up there, blah blah blah" but in general, I am genuinely happy with me.

The thing that men don't understand about the breast issue is that, to a woman with asymmetry (and I'm talking about the kind that is VERY noticable) we feel somewhat weird, like we're not normal or something. Some women have a problem with it so badly that it effects them strongly. They may hide the condition by not being intimate with men, fear of people seeing them naked and so on so they don't go swimming or something in public....I never had this, but I understand some women do.

As for the surgery......yes, there is scarring that occurs due to the extensive work that has to be done, but the scars fade for the most part and become undetectable. You can't feel the scars either, so it's not like your partner is going to reach out to touch it and feel a thick hard rope texture or anything. I guess I have to equate this with the way some men feel about balding. Most women don't care about loss of hair on a man, but it can really effect men in a negative way - some men go through extensive surgery to correct this by having hair grafted off an area on the back of their head and having the hair implanted surgically to the bald areas on the front of their head. Sure - they didn't have to go to surgery and go through the pain and all - it's just hair - but if the guy really wants to do it, I can see why he would do it.

One more thing I want to add - before I had the surgery, my husband always said to me he never noticed that they were that uneven. After the surgery he commented that they did look a lot better. Was it worth going under the knife FOR ME? You bet. But I can certainly understand why other women would forego this option.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:06 PM   #11

aevin HB User
... i'm 19 (almost 20 this month) and i have the same problem. my left is almost a cup size C and the other is an A... it really feels like such a burden to carry as I haven't told anyone but my doctor and find that when i'm even befriending guys, I'm feel like I'm deceiving them & everybody and so i draw back. how do you tell a guy that? i'm completely scared about the reaction and I constantly feel like i need to compromise myself. it's nice to hear that there are some guys who understand and don't mind but i can't help but think maybe theyre just a rarity. it really does makes me depressed, alters my self esteem/personality and holds me back in doing a lot of things that I want to do (swimming, gymnastics, wearing braless things...) it takes me forever to just leave the house sometimes.

Old 02-24-2003, 07:04 AM   #12

coaned HB User
My breasts are uneven, too. My left side is a regular C cup, and my right side is a large C cup. I know that many women's breasts are uneven. I've actually looked into having one of them reduced to match the other, but for the price...not worth it. Especially after reading some of these posts, I realize that my problem is minor since I don't have to use extra padding like others. And fake breasts usually look just too fake.

Old 02-26-2003, 07:21 PM   #13

Joanna11 HB User
Exclamation

I think they make bathing suits that you can fill with air. You could fill one side more than the other and adjust it exactly as much as you needed. You might see if they have bras that inflate as well. I had one a little bigger than the other. I got implants at age 26. My main reason was that I was a gymnast for 10 years and my thighs and butt were big muscle hunks, I had a tiny waist and a narrow chest. Wasn't fat but felt like I was out of proportion, like I got bigger as I went down even though I only wore a size 4 (boy! those were the days long gone!) Since I was a little uneven up top also I asked the doctor to even them up. Then I had kids and they switched on me! now the one that was smaller and got a bigger implant is bigger so I would have evened out naturally if I had waited until after children. PLUS I got streatch marks during pregnancy and I think they would not have been as bad if I had not had the implants first. After that I had them refill the implants. They are saline and the doctor went back in the same way and added more fluid and evened them up again. Scars are no problem. Gone even with 2 surgeries in same spot. I'm all for implants. No problems with me. But if you go that route WAIT until you are through having children because your body WILL change! Good Luck!

Old 03-07-2003, 09:56 AM   #14

StevePA HB User
You know, I think the really unfortunate thing is that every magazine or television show now had those woman with these big round fake breasts and it makes women think that if they do not look like that, there is something wrong with them. From a manís point of view, I hate those fake breasts. I think there is nothing more beautiful than a natural woman just as God made her, whether her breasts are large or small, or uneven. That my 2 cents.

Old 03-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #15

mousie HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by envelopekitty:
Hello all. I'm new to this site. And I was wonder, since maybe some of you have gone through the same situation as I am, that you could give me some help or advice.

Well, to start off, I'm 16 years of age. I've noticed since I was 14 that my breasts have become uneven. And now I can't wear a bra without putting extra padding in where the small breast is. And it's becoming very stressful and it's really made my confidence sink greatly. And I can't wear some of the things normal girls do, like bathing suits, because it's too weird looking.

I would just like to get some advice, comments.. anything. I know that uneven breasts are common. But, I'd like to hear from people who know a little bit more or have been through the same thing.

Thank you.
yeah mine are severely uneven, to the point where i might get an implant on the smaller side. i'm an A cup on one side, and the other is 30B (that's the bra size i wear)

Closed Thread