It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2002, 09:54 AM   #1

pretty_face HB User
Post How do you spot a yeast infection?

I feel kinda dumb asking this but how do you know if you have a yeast infection? If you have one what did you do about it? How often do people get them? Can medicine cause them like Sprionolact? Does frequent yeat infections mean that you are a dirty person? I know these ?'s sound really silly but I seriously don't know and I'm embarrased to ask anybody face to face.

Old 12-31-2002, 10:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
First only a doctor can tell you for sure if you have a yeast infection or not.
There are common signs but dont always count on them because sometimes you dont get the signs and you can still have a yeast infection.
White cottage cheese looking discharge,a funny smell(like bread being made),itchy,red or burning feeling,or pain.
I had a yeast infection last year that the only sign I had was I was in severe pain. There was no other sign. I went to my doctor and low and behold it was a yeast infection.
Some meds can cause them such as antibiotics. It varies from person to person on if they get the often or not. No it doesnt mean a person who gets them alot is dirty.
I didnt have my first yeast infection until my first pregnancy..I was 21 at that time. I just had my second one last year and I am 28 now.
If you think you have one then go see your doctor to make sure. Dont try treating it until after you ahve seen your doctor. Sometimes what seems like a yeast infection could be something else all together.
You can also do a search on like *********** and get info that way.

TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2002, 01:48 PM   #3

pretty_face HB User
Cool

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2003, 11:03 PM   #4
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Trust me..you'll know if you have one!The first Yeast infection I had I literally"scratched"myself to the Wal-Mart for relief..I had a sinus infection and Bronchitis and was taking an Antibiotic..had sex and wham..When you get a Yeast infection you'll itch,have a cottage cheese type discharge..It depends when you get them as stress,Antibiotics and Diabetes(to name one)can cause them..It dont mean your a dirty person..anyone can get them..

Closed Thread