It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2002, 11:04 PM   #1
(female)

Deimos HB User
Unhappy Anxiety or pregnant?

I can't tell whats going on with me anymore. I was nausous for about a week and I wasn't able to keep anything down in the morning. It was also the end of the college semester. I have an anxiety problem which made my PMS really bad (nausea and diarrea, gas and really bad moods) and I started taking Zoloft and everything left untill recently. I either keep thinking I'm dying or pregnant. Today after going to the bathroom I had a massive cramp for 15 minutes in which I could hardly move and it hurt to cry. I should be getting my period soon. I can't tell if this is anxiety over thinking I'm pregnant. I mean my boyfreind did have a condom and pulled out the last time we had sex. I never been to a gyno and i'm 20. I'm not scared of being at one or being checked out. But I am scared of what my parents would think (and I'm still under thier insurance). I don't know what to do. If I'm pregnant I'll die. Perhaps I'm dying.

Old 12-26-2002, 12:10 AM   #2
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Hello Deimos,
When you turned 18 regardless if having sex or not,you should have started having yearly exams and pap smears.If your boyfriend used a condom and pulled out, your probably NOT pregnant,however you may want to do a pregnancy test just to make sure.It sounds like you are stressed out from the term that recently ended.Anxiety can make you feel nauseated as can the other syptoms you mentioned.You say your 20...dear your a young woman its time to start taking care of yourself(yearly exams..birth control etc),its time to respect your parents but also you should know your a young adult and though your parents would about croak if you were to get pregnant,they should realize they raised you best they could til you were 18..Maybe this has woke you up so you'll do something to prevent from getting pregnant..I hope..

Jasmine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2002, 09:44 PM   #3
(female)

Deimos HB User
Thankyou.

I've decided to go to my regular doctor and ask for a referral as well as other things. You're right in that I should be going to a gyno. But she (the doctor) made it seem like you only go if you're sexually active (she never mentioned that I should even go to one except if i wanted birthcontrol for PMS symptoms) and it made me think that it would be obvious to my mother that thats the only reason why I would want to go to a gyno. I'm thinking if I should have my doctor help me ween off Zoloft and go to a gyno for a checkup and see about birthcontrol for my PMS symptoms that keep getting worst.

My boyfreind said how for his birthday present he wanted me to go to a gyno. He's very concerned about my health and it worried me when he asked his doctor about me and how I SHOULD be going to one already.

Anyways thank you

[This message has been edited by Deimos (edited 12-27-2002).]

Old 12-27-2002, 06:18 PM   #4

equivocated HB User
Smile

Just a quick note:

When you are in your luteal phase of your cycle, (which is basically every day after you ovulate), there are no outside factors, (like stress, anxiety, etc.) that can delay your period. So, if you are not pregnant - and you have a suspicion as to when you might have ovulated (a cramp, etc.), there's no way to delay your period even more!

Hopefully everything is ok, and do say a quick note when you find out that you are (hopefully), not pregnant.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:43 AM   #5
(female)

Deimos HB User
Talking

I got my period and all is well!
YAI!
I'm still going to go to the doctors though.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
littlesheep1999

Wink

yes do let us know good luck

------------------
donna

Closed Thread