It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2002, 07:10 AM   #1
Inactive

Mila21ca HB User
Post Itchy nipple

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice. For the past seven days straight my left nipple has been very itchy; I've never had this before and it's driving me crazy! Does anyone know if this is something I should be worried about or is it normal? Because it has not been normal for me up to now. My nipple still looks normal and I haven't noticed a rash or any discharge. Any help would be great!

Old 12-11-2002, 09:13 AM   #2

jake9550 HB User
hey mila, i havent heard of anything that would cause your nipples to itch, so i would'nt worry to much about anything bad. But i know first hand for me when the weather changes and it gets cold my skin gets dryer and my breast tend to itch more in the winter than in the summer and sometimes it just drives me CRAZY!!!!
maybe try some aveeno lotion to soothe the itching, i hope this helps.
God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2002, 01:55 PM   #3

pacu HB User
Well I was going to say that maybe you're alergic to some kind of soap that might have some perfume in it, but then again you would of ben itching all over not just your left nipple, my wife gets that sometimes but its maily from using soap or scented body lotions.
good luck
Steve

Old 12-11-2002, 03:22 PM   #4
Inactive

Mila21ca HB User
Thanks for your ideas. I don't think it's dry skin because I moisturize my body everyday after my shower...and I don't usually have dry skin. And I know it's not an allergy. I haven't been using anything new, plus I had an allergy test done a year ago and I'm only allergic to dust, tuna, and shrimp. But I don't understand why it's only my left nipple and I'm on day 7 here. Argh! It's driving me nuts!

Old 12-11-2002, 08:16 PM   #5

LilSmalls HB User
I went through the same thing growing up, i think it was the soap, sometimes your body just becomes irrited by little things, i would call a clinic or something and find out what was going on with it. maybe its like growing pains or something. Wouldn't that be something.

Old 12-11-2002, 09:24 PM   #6
Inactive

Mila21ca HB User
Well, let's just say that I am all grown up. That's why I know what my body normally does...and it's doesn't do this. If it was the soap, wouldn't both my nipples be itchy?

Old 01-10-2003, 02:52 PM   #7

glitterkitty HB User
Hi

I also experience itching with one of my nipples. My gyn said this could be yeast infection related. She said women can get yeast infections anywhere and that it is common to get them under the breasts because of moisture, etc.

You could try speaking with your gyn or family doctor about this and take something for yeast.

Let us know what happens!

Old 01-11-2003, 06:48 AM   #8
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Buy some nipple cream. They sell it to nursing mothers to keep their nipples comfortable, and because it's designed specifically to be put ON the nipples, you don't have to worry about reactions which may occur using other "body" lotions.

Mine get dry, sometimes from weather changes or hot showers, and I'm almost 40. I don't have it all the time,- I can have it months in a row, or no itchiness for several weeks or months,.... it varies.

Closed Thread