It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #1

kalleycat HB User
Post symptoms of UIT, BI??

I would like to know the symptoms of urinarty tract infections and bacteria infections please..

I went for my pap on Tuesday but they didn't do urine or anything just the normal pap. It was so early in the morning I forgot about my symptoms, I guess I was just nervous, new dr and all.

Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2003, 03:21 AM   #2
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
The symptoms of a UTI is a strong urge to urinate that cannot be delayed which is followed by a sharp pain or burning sensation in the urethra when the urine is released.Most often very little urine is released and the urine that is released may be tinged with blood. The urge to urinate recurs quickly and soreness may occur in the lower abdomen,back,or sides.

This cycle may repeat itself frequently during the day or night--most people urinate about six times a day, when the need to urinate occurs more often a bladder infection should be suspected.

When bacteria enters the ureters and spread to the kidneys,symptoms such as back pain,chills,fever, nausea,and vomiting may occur,as well as the previous symptoms of lower urinary tract infection.

Since you've already had your appt,I would call the doctor's office and tell them that you had meant to have a UA but forgot and wondered if you could drop by to pick up a specimen cup so you can bring in an early morning specimen.

If you are prone to frequent UTI's,you may consider drinking more water(if you dont drink enough)and boosting your intake of Cranberry juice or juice..If you cant tolerate you can buy Cranberry pills..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2003, 02:40 PM   #3

kalleycat HB User
I talked to the office and they said that it sounds like the beginning stages of a urinary tract infection.

You mentioned the soreness in the back and let me tell you I haven't experienced anything like it before. I have been taking Vitamin C 1000 mg a day split up twice a day and two 10 oz glasses of cranberry JUICE not COCKTAIL. I like it actually. And NO POP.

I am slowly feeling better. I am drinking more water and plan on really keeping up with the change in diet.

Thanks for the input.

Old 01-13-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

winged phantom HB User
Hi,
I've never had a UTI, but from what I've been told by those who know, you should be drinking about a quart or so of the cranberry juice each day when you're having those symptoms. And if, after about two days, if there is no improvement, then get to a doctor. Of course if there is fever or other bad symptoms, I don't think I'd wait that long before seeing a doctor.
JMHO
wr

Closed Thread