It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2003, 07:24 AM   #1

OkieGal HB User
Post Reversing a tubal ligation Opinions/Experiences/Advice???

I have a question on reversal tubal ligation.
If anyone has had this surgery done please share with me your experience.
I had my tubes tied when my daughter was born seven years ago. My husband and I are now wanting another baby and I am very depressed over having this done. My insurance won't cover the surgery and I know it is very expensive.
I am scared to death of going under anesthesia too. I was wondering about the surgery itself if I find a way to have it done. How long do you have to stay in the hospital after its done. I also have heart problems, I have mvp and I have been told by my former primary care doc that general anesthesia can be stressful on my system. I have nightmares about going under the anesthesia about what it will feel like, will I feel dizzy, or weird, what I will feel like when I wake up, will I have a breathing tube in?
I know success of a tubal means whether the tubes were just cut and clipped off or burnt and how much of the tube is left, if there is enough to join back together.
First off I need to go have a yearly exam done because I have not had one since my daughter was born to make sure nothing is wrong then I am going to find a way financially to have this reversal done.
Please any opinions or advice please post me a message.
Thank You

Old 01-14-2003, 08:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Go to the pregnancy board and there are a couple of women who have had it done that are on there.
As for cost wise that depends on the area you are in. I know it tends to cost between 5 and 8 thousand,at least from what I have seen. Hospital stay also varies but the norm I have seen is about two to three days.
Yes you do need to get your pap and such done. You can talk to yoru doctor then about this and see what he/she has to say.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread