It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2003, 02:55 PM   #1

kitty77 HB User
Post how common is this?

i know its quite common for women who take BCP to experience mid-cycle spotting. but i am NOT taking birth control pill however is i do experience mid-cycle spotting. its pinkish and eventually turn into red, no foul smell and not heavy, just enough to soak one panty liner. this has been happening for the past 3 months now. i know i have to have this check by my gyne but i just wanted to know how common this is for those who are not taking birth control pill. if you have same experience pls share.. thank you in advance...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2003, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
It is very common, I think it just means that you are getting ready to ovulate, or did ovulate. I usually have that somewhat myself each month for a day, and then it stops.

If it doesn't stop, and just continues until you work yourself into a real period, you could have a lack of progesterone in the second half of your cycle. I've had that too and had to take Provera each month for 10 days in the second half of the cycle.

I wouldn't really worry, though, if it's just a bit of spotting for a day or so; but you might check with your doctor if it's bugging you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread