It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2003, 07:17 AM   #1

aliceinwonderworld HB User
Unhappy what's wrong with me??????

i have been having painful cramping like 3x's a day everyday, my period is regular but i have irregular discharges during the rest of the month w/an odd odor. they found a cyst the size of a golf ball on my ovary during an ultrasound and a month later it was gone. they've done tests for std's and something called endometrisis & they did a biopsy and another ultrasound. the dr report from my visit said i had scarring and iflamation but when the results came back they said i was negative on everything! yes i was happy to not have a disease or a cyst that needs to be surgically removed but where does that leave me? i asked the dr about the cramping he said take tylenol. i asked about the discharge and foul odor and 3 different dr's told me that most women think they have an irregular smell. i told them my bf has noticed it also and they just looked dumbfounded. i asked about the cyst and the dr's said sometimes they come and go. i asked about the inflamation and scarring they didn't have an answer for that either. the last dr said there was nothing wrong w/me so there is nothing they can do and maybe its just all in my head! this all started last may. i went to the dr for the discharge/odor and they said i had an infection they treated me but all the symptoms stayed so i went back and they said i was neg for infection but all of a sudden i have a cyst and all these other symptoms.

anyone that knows anything about this please email me back. i'm 21 and have been regular since junior high these symptoms aren't normal!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2003, 05:28 PM   #2

Lindy323 HB User
Talking

A few years ago I had some bad cramping which was unusal for me and ended up going to prime care. They did a ultrasound and said I had some fluid around my ovaries and that it was probably a cyst that burst causing the cramps and fluid. I know this doesn't answer your problem but it could explain your cramping and why you had a cyst that disappeared.

Old 01-16-2003, 03:38 AM   #3

aliceinwonderworld HB User
thanx for your reply. i don't have liquid around there but yes it is probably the cysts coming and going that are causing the cramping, but that doesn't explain all my other symptoms. this has almost been going on for a year now and it's so frustrating when a dr tells you it's probably all in your head. i can even deal with the cramping-trust me i have been, but all the other symptoms are horrible. i feel like i'm wetting my pants at work and i'm always paranoid about whether people can smell what me and my bf can smell. for important occassions i actually wear a tampon so i don't have to worry about discharge or smell.. i've self medicated myself for yeast infections and the dr treated me for a bacterial infect but apparently i have nothing but all of the symptoms. i've douched too but i don't think douche can reach the area that needs cleaned. thanx again for your reply it made me feel a little more normal(atleast on the cramping stuff).

Closed Thread