It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2003, 09:58 PM   #1

SilenceIsGolden HB User
Angry Females advice

I want to buy a swimsuit this year. But like every year i chicken out. WHy? Because i have some stretch marks on my thighs. I'm 5'3 around 120lbs and it's really embarrassing. I'm 17 and none of my friends have this. Creams take to long and dont really work. Can anyone give me some advice. Thanks!
p.s. i'm tired of everyone going swimming and not me!

Old 01-16-2003, 04:22 AM   #2

aliceinwonderworld HB User
Wink

i've heard of scar removing surgery(laser) but that's probably not an option. you shouldn't be embarassed of your body though. i have a friend that has bad stretch marks on her chest-it's not her fault she has a big chest. she doesn't let it bother her though cause if someone is going to say something they aren't your true friend. now back to the laser thing usually laser surgerys cost upwards of $100 shop around though. if you don't have the money but really want it try donating plasma you'll help save lives and get big $'s for it(i hear you can get $250 in 1 month)that would cover the surgery. the biggest thing is getting your parents to allow you to do this. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2003, 01:57 PM   #3
(female)

SabresLover81 HB User
Hmm...i'm in the same boat as you except i have them on my hips and on my lower stomach! I've never had a baby and i'm ****** they are especially on my stomach GrRrRr...anyways i found that when i get super tan they are hardly noticeable so maybe if the sun is not hot near you right now go get a tanning bed package around here they are $30 a month, so thats a dollar a day. Maybe that will help it sure helps me GoodLuck!-Clare

Old 01-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Tanning or tanning creams may fade them but what about boardies? (Board shorts-shorts from surf shops that are long or short and that you swim in). Every time I'm at the beach pretty much every girl wears them with a bikini top or tankini top. They've become what you have to wear over here. Dunno if the USA's caught on to that though...

Anyway they're a god idea to hide thighs...

Closed Thread