It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #1

boomdahbah HB User
Post severe pain after peeing

I'm 17 and when I stop peeing a really intense pains spreads and it's really uncomfortable. I got on the pill about 2 weeks ago and it's nearly impossible that it's an STD because neither my boyfriend nor I have had sex in previous relaionships. Any ideas?

Old 01-09-2003, 07:12 PM   #2

sands HB User
Does it hurt like where your bladder is (in the middle of your pelvis)? I've done this once before and it was a bladder infection. You may notice some blood too when you wipe. Don't panic, just try to see your doctor. I'd say that a urinary tract infection is all that it is, but you need to have it taken care of. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2003, 07:29 PM   #3

boomdahbah HB User
would a uninary tract infection be brought on from sex? or is it totally unrelated?

Old 01-09-2003, 07:56 PM   #4

sands HB User
It could be. I've read that bacteria can get pushed into the opening where you pee during sex, and travel to your bladder. But infections can occur anytime even when you have never had sex. My 3 year old had one a few months ago. Doctor said it was probably due to irritation of that area which makes it more prone to infection. Or from wiping wrong (back to front instead of front to back). Who knows but it's a common problem easily treated by antibiotics if in fact that is what you have. But I'm no doctor and you probably need to see one.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:27 PM   #5

boomdahbah HB User
ok, thanks that helps a lot

Old 01-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #6
iniiin

i got bladder infection twice last year. doctor said that women have shorter urinary bladder than men, which makes women more likely to get infection.

so keep that area clean, use clean water (or toilet paper ? well, in my country we use water) to clean it up after peeing.

and also, some doctor said it as "honeymoon disease", because many women get this infection after having sex. it caused by bacteria which usually found in intestine. having sex can push bacteria up into the bladder through the urethra.

one thing more, remember to clean the area (when peeing) from front to back, to avoid bacteria spread to urethra.

good luck

Closed Thread