It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2003, 08:17 AM   #1
Inactive

plutoren12 HB User
Question 2 day period?

Does anyone have a period that lasts only 2 days and the second day is really light.....or even only 3? I'm 18 and scared. For years, my period has been very consistent. It has always been about 4 days and heavier than it is now. Well, my last 3 periods have been "odd" or "out of the norm." THey're shortier and lighter. I know I'm not pregnant. I have recently moved to a college dorm this year for the first time, and my first 2 periods when i got here were fine. But every single one after that has been wack. Could it be b/c of an envtl change? Or is it something more serious like CANCER?

Old 01-15-2003, 11:57 AM   #2
Inactive

1Dove HB User
Relax, it's not cancer. It is very likely that your light periods are caused by the stress of your new environment and the pressures of college. This is very common. If your period doesn't get back to normal in a few months, see a doctor to get your hormones checked. Hormonal imbalances can be treated with medication, and usually aren't serious. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2003, 02:25 PM   #3

Rema HB User
Hi, I get a period for 3 days only. On the third day its just light spotting. Ive always had a 3 day period. Apparently this is normal.

Maybe you have had a change in your periods due to stress, change in diet etc. Many things can affect it. If you are worried, go and see a doctor. I'm sure its nothing to worry about though.

Good luck.

Old 01-15-2003, 03:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Wish I only had a three day period. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Old 01-18-2003, 11:52 AM   #5

HoosierBj HB User
Just a thought; have you lost weight since you went to college? If your weight gets TOO low it can affect your periods. You may have read that in the case of anorexia, girl's periods will stop altogether.
You've gotten some great responses so far (like checking with a doctor in a few months if your periods haven't straightened out), just wanted to mention the low-weight issue in case it applied...
Good luck at College! It's a big change to go from home to away at School. Keep in mind that there is bad stress and good stress - but it is Still Stress!!
Bj

Old 01-20-2003, 11:57 PM   #6

Mayrjala HB User
This may be a little late-lol 2003 jan...anyway I have had periods last for 3 days- a few years ago-when i used tampons..and when i started using pads after son.they got longer--but still to this day I get it a few times for like 3 days,I was told it is from stress--if you are stressed on your period-it can shorten it!

Closed Thread