It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2003, 06:14 AM   #1
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Question PMS symptoms

Hello everybody!

I'm used to getting the usual PMS symptoms (well usual for me)..anxiety, depression, bloating.

However, within the last few months I've been experiencing swollen breasts right before my period. They become very uncomfortable and painful as well.

My questions is this: What can I do to alleviate this? I'm used to taking Tylenol but I'm hoping for other suggestions as I don't like taking pain killers a lot.

Take care and thanks so much!

Nic

Old 01-19-2003, 09:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Try eliminating caffeine and alcohol as well as chocolate from your diet. It is very common, though; been a rare month that I haven't experienced the same symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2003, 01:59 PM   #3
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I use warm towels its only temporary relief but better than nothing or a heating pad set on LOW I burned myself one night falling asleep with it on medium and always put something like a towel between you and the pad.

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD...12 years
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured I hope)
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy due to endometrial bleeding after miscarriage (2002)
Hernia Repair(1998)
Apendectomy (infected) 1988
21 year old daughter born with Mullerian Aplasia
18 year old daughter bulimia survivor.
If I can help ANYONE with anything from a papercut to a life threatening illness, I will do my best just to be a friend. " A friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway".

Old 01-19-2003, 03:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Cut down on coffee, soda, chocolate and all junk food and keep eating small meals frequently. Fruit and such like and healthy type foods. This will help to stabilise your blood sugar and if you do this is can help PMS symptoms.

Cut down on salt intake as this and coffee can cause fluid retention and headaches. Make sure that you drink adequate amounts of water to keep well hydrated.

Evening Primrose Oil caps are good and can help.
Vitamin B6 which you run short of at the time of your period can be helpful with mood swings and other symtoms. If you get headaches try taking Feverfew tablets. These are for migraines, but are just as good for headaches and migraines with PMS. Vitamin B complex is good too. Also vitamin c can be helpful to boost your immunity. Increase your dose slightly.

If you have an upset and painful stomach then drinking Chamomile or Peppermint tea can help.

Also heat pads can help the pain too.

The herbal medicine called Willow can be quite helpful for pain too. Willow is an anti-inflammatory, but is also known as the aspirin of herbal medicine, just as Mag Phos is known as the aspirin of homeopathy.

Old 01-23-2003, 12:48 PM   #5
ilovesunshine

The same thing happened to me once when I was PMS-ing.

Closed Thread