It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2003, 02:36 PM   #1

babybluesky HB User
Unhappy Sharp right abdominal pain with intercourse

Hi there! I'm new to the board and am so happy that I have found you all, I have been reading previous posts and alot of them have really helped me out. Ok, now for my question:

For the past few months I have been experiencing some right side abdominal pain, usually when hubby and I have sex. It depends on the 'position' and if there is deep penetration I get a SEVERE sharp pain on my right side. The pain lessens but continues afterwards for awhile, kind of like an achy feeling there. A few times I have had pinkish spotting afterwards also and have not been close to my period date. This scares me and I wondered if anyone might now what this might be? I am going to see a doctor tomorrow for my INS medical(I'm originally from Canada) and I will tell him about it while I'm there but I am quite nervous!!! HELP!!!

Old 01-20-2003, 11:07 PM   #2

Mayrjala HB User
Wink

Hi,I am also new-but have the same problem as you-not as much anymore,because there is an easy way of stopping it(ifi t isnt a severe thing-like if doc says it is)anyway,when I have or had intercourse,deep in certain positions-I would get the same pains and whatnot,I also had pinkish/red spotting a few times..I spoke to a close friend and she told me to call the info-sante,which I did,and they informed me that,I should remember the positions when the pain accures and to try ot avoid having the penetration so deep--and if hte pains stop,to keep it like so.
I did that,and the pains stopped/as well as the bleeding,it turned out that what we(you and I)are doing during deep penetratiom,in certain positions,was hitting our wall(uterus)and it caused the apin,as would a punch in the shoulder!and the bleeding was from hitting the wall,sometimes you hit the wall hard enough it pushes and pushes off some dead tissues,witch drop EG inkish/red spotting.But I am just a 23 yr old with no medicla influence and I listened to a nurse-and didn't get checked by gyno..You can try this--but please if you are still worried see you gyno!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2003, 06:04 AM   #3

babybluesky HB User
Thanks for replying, I appreciate the input!! I am 28 years old and am in my second marriage, this has never happened to me before until recently(about four months or so). The reason I haven't been to a doc yet is that my hubby started a new job in August and we've been waiting to get in on the insurance, so right now I have no insurance but have paid for my INS medical and am going to see the doc later today. I will ask him about this and see what he says, hopefully he can give me some insight into what it might be. I will however read more about what you told me, that sounds interesting.....it is very painful in some positions but it never used to be and that is what gets me!!! I would love to be able to enjoy any position that hubby and I try!! Thanks again!

Old 01-21-2003, 08:40 AM   #4
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I have the same thing well used to I dont anymore due to a hysterectomy in May 2002. Your husband is hitting your cervix! Some women's cervix is a bit longer on the right or left side my pain was on the left side if he hit wrong I would hit the roof. It was a sharp pain I could feel all the way up to my belly button if he thrusted too hard and yes I got the dull ache for a long time afterwards which would be the uterus aching. The cervix is the end of the uterus and when it is hurt the whole uterus hurts and thats probably why you get the spotting too. I never got that part of it but I sure remember the shooting pain though. In missionary possition I would just guide him in and slide it a bit over to the right ( in your case slide it a bit over to the left) Hope this helps a bit.

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD...12 years
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured I hope)
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy due to endometrial bleeding after miscarriage (2002)
Hernia Repair(1998)
Apendectomy (infected) 1988
21 year old daughter born with Mullerian Aplasia
18 year old daughter bulimia survivor.
If I can help ANYONE with anything from a papercut to a life threatening illness, I will do my best just to be a friend. " A friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway".

Old 01-21-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
Inactive

Merrida HB User
My turn to chime in here, -- me too! I still get it. I've had this same pain since I was first sexually active, and I complain about the pain and tenderness every year I get my pelvic (and I've been going to a gynecologist since I was 14, sexually active since I was 16, I will be 40 in a month). My pain is on the left, and it hasn't waivered a tad since day one!

Not that *that* is reassuring, but you're far from alone.

I, too, can be found clawed into the ceiling when the Hubby hits me wrong. Just like all of you, it's the position, angle, depth,... if it just happens just right.

My docs keep telling me everything is A-Okay, and I am a bit tipped, too, but apparently nothing major.

I also occasionally get the spotting, especially if we're a little too vigorous.

But so far, everything is managed, and we just try to be careful.

Old 01-23-2003, 07:50 AM   #6
(female)

Wheresrunt HB User
Hi,
I'm new to the message boards. I had the same pain during sex. It was a severe stabbing pain but only in certain spots when he went in too deeply and as a result,I was also spotting. The doctor did an ultrasound and found i had a few cysts on my right ovary. He put me on BCP for three months. I no longer have the cysts but i do have a severely tipped uterus. The pain is still there but not as severe , and only in certain positions. My doctor told me that when it is tipped to the point that you are having to much discomfort with sex or if it changes your period that they can surgically put it back in the correct position. This could be very important if you are planning on having more children. The procedure is called Uterine positioning via ligament investment fixation and truncation. Otherwise known as the uplift procedure. My doctor said it is a straight forward procedure. It will take away the pain during sex make your periods less painful and or heavy and also make it easier to get pregnant.This may not be your problem but if it is they are both relatively easy to fix.

[This message has been edited by Wheresrunt (edited 01-23-2003).]

Old 01-24-2003, 01:43 PM   #7

Hanniboo HB User
Thumbs down

Hi. I have also been experiencing somewhat of the same thing. However, the pain is more of an ache, but a strong one, enough to stop us from having sex, and it's more of a feeling of being "too full"...does anyone know what I'm talking about? My doctor suggested it be ovarian cysts, but I had an ultrasound and it came back negative.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. This is very frustrating.

------------------
I think I'm holding onto life too tight...

Closed Thread