It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2003, 12:35 AM   #1

sunfire HB User
Red face Severe Cramps

Lately I have been getting severe cramps with my period. It is not normal period cramps. They are so painful that I feel like I am going to pass out. I have never had a baby but I swear it feels as bad as labour pains. It hurts all the way down my legs and I seriously feel like I am going to pass out. It only happens when I have my period.I don't want to go to the doc because I don't want a pap smear. It hurts really bad when they do that test. Last time-2 years ago - I had it done during a laporoscopy, so I was under a general anesthetic. They did that exam b/c i was having bad stomache pain all the time. That eventually resolved itself, but now I am dealing with this. Can anyone relate?

Old 01-28-2003, 08:37 PM   #2

Susan HB User
Sunfire,

I know you say you don't want to go to a doctor, but that sounds like EXACTLY what you should do. That kind of pain is just not normal. And a Pap smear shouldn't be a painful test. Perhaps try a different doctor, but GO!

Take care! Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2003, 09:06 AM   #3

mersie HB User
Red face

I know how you feel, cramps suck! And, I also know what you mean when you say that gyne exams hurt, I had one and actually got bad cramps after I had it done. I'm not sure if it's because I was so tense that it made my muscles cramp up or not, but I know what you mean. The only thing that made my cramps ease up a Lot was cutting way down on caffeine (chocolate, coffee and tea). I still get them, but they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. I do have to admit I'm not one to go to the doc either. I also take Orudis (an OTC) which helps with cramps. I also have a hot water bottle, that will sometimes help when nothing else will. Believe me, I know what you're going through, sometimes they would get so bad I'd try to choke myself out of consciousness. I hope something helps. But, if they are getting so bad that you can't stand them anymore, maybe you should go to the doctor. Think of it this way, what hurts worse, an pap smear or your cramps?

Closed Thread