It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2003, 05:50 AM   #1

jessica1 HB User
Question Adenomyosis

what are the symptoms of adenomyosis?

Old 01-29-2003, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
From what I understand, the symptoms are an enlarged uterus, and very heavy bleeding accompanied by painful cramps. I guess it's like endometriosis, but instead the uterine wall becomes thickened too much.

My doctor says I may have that as I have an enlarged uterus (12-week pregnancy size) and the other symptoms that go with it. He said the only way to correctly diagnose it would be a hysterectomy which he is not pushing for and neither am I as hopefully, menopause will occur within the next five years..I hope!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2003, 11:38 AM   #3
Inactive

Karla HB User
My understanding is the symptoms are the same as endometriosis. Severe cramping and bleeding. Adenmiosis does have an enlarged uterus the only way to diagnos is a hysterectomy. I had endometriosis so bad my dr. recomended a hysterectomy. I had one done and found out at that time that my uterus was enlarged and that I had adenmiosis. If you think you have it it is best to talk to your dr and get refered to a gyn that specializes in this area.

Old 01-29-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Dawnrise HB User
I was diagnosed with adenomyosis. I have an enlarged uterus, had severe bleeding and clots by the handfuls and lasted for months. The pain for me didn't seem to be any different than a normal period pain. The doctor wanted to do a d&c, laproscopy (sp?) and then tie my tubes while exploring. I had surgery scheduled but then a different surgery came up and had to cancel that one. In the meantime I'm researching this condition. I have found that a d&c is NOT going to fix the problem The only way to REALLY take care of the problem is a hysterectomy. Adenomyosis is similiar to endometriosis (sp?) except that the fibroids grow inside the muscle walls instead of on the outside. You would need to have an ultrasound to find adenomyosis.

Closed Thread