It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2003, 08:15 AM   #1

kittykicker HB User
Unhappy 4 days Bad cramps.Heavy bleeding. When't to hospital.

Day 5. Im very weak,Heavy bleeding. I had abnormal bleeding before but never this heavy. They gave me a salt ive. Im not having a baby. They said I should see a gyn. 1. a gyn dont want to take a person thats bleeding. Makes it hard to run tests. 2. Lots of places have no bookings. Well at least for 3 months.
What should I do?

Old 01-28-2003, 07:35 PM   #2

Broadwaygirl03 HB User
I've always had horrible periods, I would get high fevers, vomiting, heavy bleeding and horrible cramps. When I was 14 they took me to the emergency room because it had gottan really bad, and the doctor recomended birth control pills. I mean, it was so bad they wanted to sedate me for the night. I've been on them for about 3 years now and it's amazing, when my period comes I can actually get out of bed. Instead of 7 days it lasts about 3, and I can use thin pads vs the huge ones...I guess in short ever since I've been on BC life's been so much better.
~Into the Woods

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2003, 11:47 AM   #3
Inactive

Karla HB User
You will live through this. Make an apt now to see a gyn. No matter how long it takes to see the gyn you will be glad the day the apt. arrives that you made it and you are finnally in. You won't be seen if you don't make that apt. so what are you waiting for? This is not normal. I assume since you said you did not have a baby that means the hospital gave you a pregnancy test and it came back negative. You could have endometriosis. Do you have a history of cramping and bleeding? If yes it is probably endometriosis. If not it could just be a fluke and you wont have to worry about it again. In the mean time use a heating pad and take hot baths. That will help with the pain. Also if you are not pregnant you can take up to 800mg of ibuprofin/motrin/advil with 2 tablets of tylanol together at the same time. This should help you also. Stay away from cafeine. good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Old 01-29-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
Go to the Er and see the obgyn on call mine saved my life. I am not trying to scare you honest but I had very heavy bleeding for 3 months I got very anemic and I bet you are too thats why you are tired. Are you on the pill? If not ask for some thats how my doc started treating my bleeding the hormones in the pill will slow it down. Also you will need iron if you are getting tired your hemaglobin is getting low. The only thing that stopped mine was a combo of bc pill and lupron depo which threw my body into temp menopause not perminant. And because I had had all the children I wanted I had an endometrial ablasion. You will probably not need all this but you should be seen if you are showing signs of anemia it is dangerous. It might stop on it own but why take the chance?

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD...12 years
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured I hope)
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy due to endometrial bleeding after miscarriage (2002)
Hernia Repair(1998)
Apendectomy (infected) 1988
21 year old daughter born with Mullerian Aplasia
18 year old daughter bulimia survivor.
If I can help ANYONE with anything from a papercut to a life threatening illness, I will do my best just to be a friend. " A friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway".

Closed Thread