It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2003, 09:11 AM   #1

Anablackfury HB User
Post not quite sure what this is

I have tiny bumps on my back that I can't see but I can feel. When a scratch them a tiny clump of skin almost like a seed comes of my back. Is this normal or is it skin cancer or what? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 02-04-2003, 03:55 PM   #2

Susan HB User
To alleviate your fears, you might want to see a dermatologist. But it's probably just a buildup of dry, dead skin, which using a loofah on a stick and scrubbing your back in the shower might take care of. In the dead of winter, our skin really can dry out. And if you're not scrubbing or exfoliating enough, you might not be getting rid of the dead skin. Use lotion and drink lots of water during this time of the year, also, to help keep you hydrated.

A dermatologist would be able to tell you for sure, though. And if you even think it could be skin cancer for any reason, then for sure see a doctor.

------------------
Take care! Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2003, 07:02 PM   #3

Anablackfury HB User
Thank you I will try that. Except the lotion part, I am allergic.

Old 02-05-2003, 04:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

winged phantom HB User
Ana, even your cooking oil can help alleviate dry skin. Put some on after showering but while your skin is still a bit damp. Good luck.
wr

Old 02-05-2003, 08:35 AM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You mention you are allergic to lotions but which ones? Not all lotions are the same so surely there is one you can use. You may want to try a hypoallergenic one if you haven't already done so. Also vaseline is great for keeping skin soft.

Closed Thread