It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2002, 02:01 AM   #1

dst336 HB User
Post Pelvic Pain

My daughter is 18, years old and is having horrible pelvic pain. She started her period at age 9 and had no problems until she was 16 years old. She now has excessive bleeding. She will have a cycle and bleed so bad she will have to change her tampon and pad every 45 minutes, and will bleed like that for about a week. Then she will spot for another week, and then she will stop for a week and then start all over again. She always has pelvic pain, except it worsens during the heavy bleeding. The doctors have run every test known to mankind on her and they are still not sure what the problem is. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to contact me. She needs some relief.

Old 12-23-2002, 04:11 AM   #2
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Uhm, get her to her GYN doctor immediately.

Her reproductive system is not something you want to WAIT on and/or mess with. I'd get her to the doctors IMMEDIATELY.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2002, 08:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Have they done a laposcopy(sp) on her. It is a minor sugery in which they can see her reproductive organs. It could be she has Endometriosis. It sounds like what my best friend went through(though her problems started right about the time she started her periods).
You can do a search for stuff like Endo101 and find more information. Also it helps to get more than one opinion. If you havent then find a gyno that specializes in problems like this. It might take some time to find the right one but they are out there.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-23-2002, 11:02 PM   #4

dst336 HB User
Yes, they did that and found nothing.

Old 01-05-2003, 12:23 AM   #5

dgrace18 HB User
It does sound like endometriosis. I was diagnosed last July during my 3rd lap, so even though they did that, don't rule it out. I hope she is better soon!

Old 01-06-2003, 01:48 PM   #6
Inactive

Karla HB User
I have endometriosis and that is what it sounds like to me. I would go through a box of tampons a day bleeding real heavily and be in severe pain. I also bleed for like 10 days and spotted alot. I had a lap and was diagnosed. You said she had one done so I don't know what to say except that is really what it sounds like to me. 800mg ibuprofin/motrin and 2 tylanol can help the pain with heat packs.

Old 02-07-2003, 06:53 PM   #7
Inactive

Pippin31 HB User
Same deal here. Chronic pelvic pain for years. Twisting feeling in lower right side. Always end up at the emergency room, the first thing they always check for is appendix. Anyway, long story short, I have been through all tests, ultrasounds, and a lapro. Nothing found. My doctor started me on Lupron injections and did wonders for the pain. Then it came back while I was still on the shot. He did blood work, found I needed more of the shot. I have now been on 1 ˝ injections for 1 ˝ years. The unfortunate part is it is only meant to be a 6 month treatment. He allowed me to stay on it this long, but it is time to come off. Here we go again. Just know that just because they “don’t see it” doesn’t mean it’s not endometriosis!! Research Lupron and see if it may be an alternative for your daughter. My doctor also told me that because the Lupron worked, it is a pretty good indication that it is endometriosis. Hope this is helpful.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
I had the same kind of thing as your daughter -- no endometriosis, just a really proliferative uterine lining. Heavy heavy heavy long periods, with intense periods of pain, so severe I would throw up from the cramping pain in my stomach.

And then I went on the birth control pill (Alesse) and it's been like a gift from God.

Look into it -- I understand it helps for endometriosis too.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #9
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I agree with Wrin the birth control pill with ease up the bleeding some and hopefully regulate her periods. I had exsessive bleeding after a miscarriage in 98 and I bled so bad I had to wear "depends". I became anemic and had to be put on iron and lupron depo. Being so young they will have to consider other options rather than what finally stopped mine. I had an endometrial ablasion in 98 which is the burning of the uterine lining but it makes you unable to have children and shes way too young for that. The pain was awful too even after the bleeding was stopped by the ablasion so finally in May 2002 I had a total abdominal hysterectomy. There has to be some sort of treatment for your daughter. The BC pill is a good option like Wrin stated and I saw someone else mention a laproscopy which should be done because they can see whats going on. Good luck and God Bless.

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD...12 years
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured I hope)
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy due to endometrial bleeding after miscarriage (2002)
Hernia Repair(1998)
Apendectomy (infected) 1988
21 year old daughter born with Mullerian Aplasia
18 year old daughter bulimia survivor.
If I can help ANYONE with anything from a papercut to a life threatening illness, I will do my best just to be a friend. " A friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway".

Closed Thread