It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
(female)

PandaExpress HB User
Post Terrible headaches

hello all ladies, I may be asking this in the wrong place, but I'm gonna ask anyways.. Ok here goes, For the past 8 days now, I have had a terrible terrible headache, that almost feels like a really bad brain freez that you would get from drinking a slurpee or somthing like that, except it will not lessen or go away. The shooting pains also move that feel like they are in my neck,to the sides where my temples are,or to the top of my head, or right in the middle of my forehead. And the only time it will feel better is if I tilt my head to the left.I thought it could have been a migrain,but then aagin I dont know since I have never had on. I have taken so many migrain pills now they are making me sick, and they only help with taking the edge off the pain, it doesnt go away. I also feel stong pressure against my head when I do take the migrain pills, but once the pills wear off, all the pain comes back. I have no clue what may be causing this, Has anyone ever had somthing like this? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Is this headache related to your periods?

There is a headache board and it would probably be more appropriate to post it there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2003, 08:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Maybe you have a sinus infection? That can cause terrible headaches. It could be a number of things, so you should really see your doctor if it continues.

Old 02-07-2003, 08:22 PM   #4

misti106 HB User
I, too, get debilitating headaches with my periods. Imitrex, although prescribed for migraines (which I also get), can help--at least they help me. The downside is Imitrex can wipe you out and if you have young kids in the house you're not "quite there". The best solution I can offer is to do what I'm doing: take a birth control pill that eliminates your periods. I've tried EVERYTHING and so far nothing else has worked. After doing some basic math I realized that I was losing over a month and a half a year to severe headaches. Stopping my periods seemed an easy choice at that point
Good Luck.

Old 02-09-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Migraine pills are not available over the counter so I can only assume you means excedrin migraine formula which is just a fancy name for Excedrin. It contains caffiene as well as Aspirin and Tylenol aks acetominophon. Too much Aspirin and caffiene can indeed make you feel sick. You need to see a doc to get this checked but since you say you get some relief when you tilt your head to one side it sounds like it could be from a pinched nerve or something along that line. See the doc when you read this be it in the urgent care or whatever and get this checked.

Old 02-10-2003, 12:08 PM   #6

StephanieG HB User
Lightbulb

Hi. I get these kind of headaches alot too, and my doctor thinks that it is being caused by a pinched nerve in my neck. I don't know if you smoke or not, but sometimes if I smoke one brand of cigarettes for too long I get bad headaches behind my eyes and forehead, then I just switch brands and the headaches stop. Sorry if this is no help.

Old 02-12-2003, 10:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
I've had headaches of varying severity for many years.
For me, the headaches and general pain I've had are rooted in more than one cause which made the diagnosis and proper medication difficult.
The key to successfully dealing with any kind of pain is right identification and the right choices in treatment.
My headaches, as far as I know right now, are a combination of, physical trauma. Injuries.
Hormonal problems. Endocrine problems and the tendency to Migraines which exist in a class unto themselves.
And Allergies.
Migraine medication helps the migraines.
Anti spasmodic medication helps the structural problems even though the anti spasmodic is prescribed for my irritable bowels. A smooth muscle relaxant with a pain reliever helps for tension headaches
and Asprin and Benedryl helps for the Allergies.
Only by paying close attention to the symptoms and the key type of headache do I know which medication to take once the headache starts.
For the hormonal and endocrine problems I've had to address those body systems according to the need of medication to help work out a balance in those body systems.
Without the right medications for those problems my headaches are worse and much more complicated.
Kat

Closed Thread