It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2003, 09:13 PM   #1

Trublue03 HB User
Question your period and mucus?

i dont know if this is just me but sometimes when i get my period, during the last days or so i get this really thick snot like mucus. i first noticed it years ago. i would consider it more snot like rather than like egg whites. but it does stretch pretty far(which i found out when i pulled out a tampon) but the thing is i dont get it all the time. so i was just wondering if this is normal or could it be something that i should have checked out by my gyn.

Old 02-08-2003, 08:04 AM   #2

NewMe HB User
i get the same thing, yet not at period time. I notice when i wipe, slick, and on paper. Snottyish yes, very mucous like, reminds me of mucous plug one loses at time of birth. Most times its clear, yet sometimes a tinge of brown, which may be old blood, not sure. Id say not to worry, but its always safest to speak with doc about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2003, 07:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
I get it during ovulation.
Tink

Old 02-12-2003, 07:16 PM   #4

Trublue03 HB User
does anyone get this during other times? i fully understand the ovulatioin thing. i dont ovulate since i'm on BCPs yet i still get the mucus stuff but as i said not all the time. so are there other reasons for this?

Old 02-14-2003, 12:22 PM   #5
Inactive

Endee HB User
Cool

Howdy!

I'm new to this site. Glad to see it's active!

And yes I have had the same thing happen to me. I've also had it happen a day or 2 prior to a cycle. I've been told by others that while not everyone will have this experience it is part of perimenopause.

I've been in perimenopause for about 7 years. I wish there was a list that had some of the other things your body might go through besides the "usual" things such as night sweats, loss of sleep, weight gain and so on.

Hope this helps! Endee

Old 02-14-2003, 12:51 PM   #6

Trublue03 HB User
thanks for replying it would helop except for the fact that i'm only 18 and no where near menopause. but thank you again

Old 02-14-2003, 09:52 PM   #7
Inactive

Endee HB User
Oops! Sorry! I used to have the same thing happen to me at your age. Later as I grew older it would show up around ovulation time. As I got older it eventually shifted to where it would appear a couple of days prior to each cycle and the closer to peri I got sometimes no show at all.

Old 01-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #8

pananna HB User
Re: your period and mucus?

Well this may be a mute reply since you posted this so long ago. I had the same mucus-like discharge during my period which was very new and strange to me (at age 25). I noticed the change after I had started BCP so that may be the reason. I used to get similar mucus on NON-period days before I started BCP but I believe that was the fertile cervical fluid during my ovulation time.

My guess is that the BCP may have something to do with the mucus in the blood during your period. At least for me, it didn't affect my health or cause discomfort during the time I was on BCP so I never got around to asking a doctor about it.

Closed Thread