It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2003, 01:41 PM   #1
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Question can't sleep when menstruating

Alright.........so it was finals week this week, and I couldn't sleep at all.

I started menstruating last Sunday and gradually throughout the week i've been getting less and less sleep. Thursday night I only got four hours of sleep. Does anyone else have trouble sleeping before or during their menstrual period?

Just wondering, this isn't anything that's devastating.

Maria

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch96 For This Useful Post:
dermalogica (02-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2003, 06:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

It is probably to do with the slight increases in body temp that happen before and during your period. It is natural that you will feel hotter, so as a result your sleep will probably be more restless and the more restless you are then the worse you will sleep.

It happens to me too, so you are not alone there. I just put up with it for a few nights and it resolves once my period is finished.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2003, 12:37 PM   #3

HoosierBj HB User
Promise not to laugh at the reason, but I have trouble sleeping when I'm having my period too. I'm older, and my flow is so light that I haven't used tampons in years. BUT, I also have slept in the nude for years, and during my period I have to wear underwear with the lightday pads. I am driven Nuts having something binding me around the legs and hence, there I am with Insomnia!!
Surprisingly enough, it took me a while to connect the two and thought I'd share just on the off-chance that it might apply to you...
Bj

Old 01-19-2003, 11:26 AM   #4

Jen23 HB User
Switch, I can relate to your problem. I also suffer from insomnia right before my period or during my period and after that...I sleep like a baby loll. It's definately caused by the increase in hormones. I will be trying natural progesterone cream very soon which should relieve the symptoms.

Old 01-19-2003, 11:39 AM   #5
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I had trouble sleeping too even though I dont get my cycle anymore due to a hysterectomy by body still knows when its cycle time. I use that johnsons baby night time bath that they have out now to relax babies at bedtime and it works wonders. When I used to have my actual period I would sleep with a heating pad on low as well it worked at times. Good luck I hope you find the cause soon.

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD...12 years
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured I hope)
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy due to endometrial bleeding after miscarriage (2002)
Hernia Repair(1998)
Apendectomy (infected) 1988
21 year old daughter born with Mullerian Aplasia
18 year old daughter bulimia survivor.
If I can help ANYONE with anything from a papercut to a life threatening illness, I will do my best just to be a friend. " A friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway".

Old 02-14-2003, 09:14 PM   #6

sweetwawa HB User
Wink

i have not much trouble sleeping ;how old are you?i'm in my 30's and i'm thinkin' maybe could this be just your angst over exams?are you in ur 20's?

Old 02-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #7
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
I'm 14.

Maria

Old 02-17-2003, 11:46 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Try not to get in the habit of this but especially if you're finding yourself in a lot of pain, take a gravol about 30 mins before you go to bed. It isn't an out-and-out painkiller, but it WILL knock you out for the night.

Closed Thread