It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2003, 06:10 AM   #1

CaramelLayD HB User
Red face Menstrual Problems - HELP!!!

Hello all. I am a 19 year old female, and I have been having a problem with my menstrual cycle. I have been very regular with my cycle for about 9/10 years now. However, I had skipped my period for two months - October and November. I knew I wasn't pregnant, so I went to the doctor to see if something could be wrong with me. They did an examination and ran a number of tests, and everything appeared to be normal. On December 1st my period started to my relief. However, I took a complete 360 with my problem - I have had my period ever since, over a month!!! I am asking for ANYONE's advice or what could possibly be wrong with me. This is really starting to scare me because this is HIGHLY UNUSUAL for me. Please, could someone post some type of advice.

Old 01-06-2003, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
That is highly unusual for a girl your age. Only thing I can suggest is to call your doctor for some advice. Are you bleeding very heavily or is it just enough to have to wear a pad every day? Could be just a hormonal problem that can easily be remedied. You don't want to become anemic so please call your doctor and best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2003, 12:16 PM   #3

CaramelLayD HB User
Unhappy

Just to make matters worse.......I am anemic, and the bleeding is heavy.

Old 01-06-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Then call your doctor in the morning, I wouldn't put it off any longer! Hope you feel better soon!

Old 01-08-2003, 04:38 AM   #5

CaramelLayD HB User
Smile

Good news! I went to the doctor yesterday, and I found out what was wrong with me. I can't really remember exactly what the doctor said, but it was some type of "an" ovulation--where my body was producing a lining that was continuing to build up. The lining and grown to be too big--pretty much my hormones were out of wack. I am going to get back on BC or take some type of hormone pills. I just have to stay hydrated since I'm anemic. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Old 01-08-2003, 06:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
That must be a relief! Glad you got some answers; feel better soon!

Old 01-13-2003, 02:37 AM   #7
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Hi Caramel,
Did he say Anovulation?Anovulation is cessation of Ovulation or when an egg is not released.Some women have many,or all,cycles in which they do not ovulate. Most of the time there is no menstrual bleeding,or if there is bleeding,it is because of the low estrogen and is called breakthrough bleeding.Many times a woman will see this bleeding and assume that she is ovulating.Sometimes doctors will prescribe Fertility drugs which bring on Ovulation or if there is no bleeding opt for the Hormone Provera to induce menstruation.Once Ovulation is established your doctor will decide what TX to go to next..

Old 02-23-2003, 07:00 PM   #8

JennyBenny01 HB User
hey

[This message has been edited by JennyBenny01 (edited 02-24-2003).]

Closed Thread