It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2003, 10:31 AM   #1

cornflower HB User
Post slight abdominal pain on right side.

about a month ago, i began to get a slight pain in my right side. it is barely noticeable, and is actually more a sensation of heaviness or fullness. but, it is constant. when i press on my stomach/pelvis, there is no tenderness or sore spots. i have also started to get lower back pain in the right side, still nothing severe. if my calculations are correct, the ab pain started about 10 days before i began my last period, and never left.

my periods are very regular, and i have no bleeding outside of my period. i have no abnormal vaginal secretions, no burning, itching, tenderness or anything.

i don't have any gastrointestinal problems either--no nausea, vomitting, diarheaa, weight loss or constipation. no fever either, for what it's worth.

i am 22 years old, sexually active, but in a monagomous relationship and have never, ever had sex without using a condom. i have never been on bc pills, either.

does anyone have any advice as to what this might be? i don't have health insurance and no disposable income at the moment for a doctor's visit. the pain is practically negliable; i was waiting around for it to "do something, already" before i went to the doctor's. i am still waiting, but was just wondering if anyone had similiar experiences or suggestions?

i have read up on ovarian cysts, and it sounds like a possibility.... i just don't think that it could be an std, or infection. ugh.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2003, 05:48 AM   #2

B-Jean HB User
Hi cornflower,
Is your pain high or low on the right side? If low could be ovarian or even the start of appendix trouble. If high on right side it could be gallbladder is maybe swollen. You should try to find a free clinic and get in or go and make arrangements for payments.
Good Luck and let us know what you find out.
B-Jean

Old 02-26-2003, 08:21 AM   #3

cornflower HB User
thank you for responding; it is low on the right side. would appendix trouble be so...lingering? money is tight right now--and i have been saving up for a dentist's appointment that i made before this all started. i guess, too, that i am pretty nervous about going to the doctor. thanks again.

Old 02-26-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
Inactive

Pippin31 HB User
Exclamation

Hi,
I have the same problem. Mine started years ago on the lower right side. It would go and come. This time it never went away. They suspect endometriosis. Appendix typically accompanies a fever. If you push down on your right side and let go really fast, the pain usually is worse on letting go if it is appendix. Now, these are typical symptoms. Anyone could have a-typical symptoms so I suggest you go somewhere for help. Usually a white blood count can help determine appendix, USUALLY!! It does sound more like an ovarian cyst though. I agree with the free clinic idea. Also, the ER is another option. When I had to go, I was out of work and the hospital just had to ďeat the cost.Ē I went rounds with them, but hey you canít get blood from a stone. Not to mention I paid taxes for years and someone in a prison uniform accompanied by a guard got free medical care in the ER. So why not!!! I couldnít help it, I didnít have the money at the time, just like you. Donít let that deter you from getting the help you need. Especially if it is something like your appendix!!! Take care and let us know how it goes.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:56 PM   #5

Jerri1 HB User
Pippen is right on all accountes,you need to see a Dr.I had same pain for a couple of weeks and finally went to ER and it was my appendix.I had none of the typical signs either,just tender sideache.They did a cat scan and had to do an emergency appendectamy.And we all pay enough taxes,so dont feel bad for using the ER.Just make sure when you get the bill you call and ask for sliding scale fees! other wise they dont tell you they have this!And if you have no job its totaly covered!Good luck. Jerri

Old 03-01-2003, 11:14 AM   #6
Inactive

Pippin31 HB User
Question

Did you find anything out yet????

Old 03-02-2003, 01:31 PM   #7

cornflower HB User
i have an appointment for next week--thanks for asking. it seems to be slightly better, now that i made an appointment.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

winged phantom HB User
Cornflower,
Isn't that just the way it always goes? lol Don't be lulled, though; make sure you keep that appointment!
wr

Closed Thread