It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2003, 02:31 PM   #1

nervousallthetime HB User
Post Fibrosis / Cysts in breasts...any way to treat them?

Does anyone know how to get rid of cysts or fibrosis in the breast? I constantly have lumps and bumps which fortunately turn out to be nothing (and often disappear within a couple of weeks) but I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to keep them under control. I have a lot of little annoying health issues and this is definitely one of them! Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #2

adriannita HB User
i have heard the following :
1. discontinue caffiene use, that should improve the lumps
2. progesterone cream applied to the breasts can sometimes help.
now this is just what i have heard... so i don't know how true what i said is...but maybe you could look into those 2 things!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #3

thanks! i rarely have caffeine. i am wondering if being on the pill is causing these lumps. i'm not really sure. i'm only in my late 20's. i'm nervous that at some point they are going to find something bad. thank you again for replying.

Old 03-09-2003, 04:32 PM   #4

Cheryl Ann HB User
Years ago I had to have part of my rt breast removed because of fibroids affecting the nerve in my right arm. At that time I was on the strongest bc(birth control)pill made. The doctor told me that I had fibroids, many, in both breasts. He and another doctor at that time said the fibroids were caused from me taking the bc pill for to many years without a break. I think the bc pill of today is much safer, but you probably need to ask your doctor to be sure. Hope this helps.

Old 03-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Personally, coming from a family who has a strong history of breast cancer, I would not rub any kind of hormone into my breasts natural phytoestrogenic/progesterone or what ever.
The BCP's could be the cause or diet or sometimes it's just the genetic code to be prone to such kinds of growths.
With the BCP's you need to investigate the different kinds of hormones available. There are so many different kinds of hormones now and combination that it's purley a shot in the dark guessing what might be the cuase with out sufficiently looking at your medicines and the reality of their side effects.
Additionally, cutting down on saturated fats and working on losing body fat if over weight is a valid answer especially if you tend to gather weight arounf the mis section.
And, if that's the case, then structuring your diet to keep the waist area a bit smaller, even if you tend towards being thin, would still be the right answer.
That would be more lean protein and less fats or estrogenic foods like soy or yams or fruits with pits.
Not to say you can't eat that stuff but just bring down ones consumption a bit if you notice your diet high in estrogenic food consumption.
I see a Reproductive Endocrinologist and I like that kind of doctor best for an accurate assessment of the hormonal situation in the body and giving direction for what is needed with regards to specifics.
And, if you are having a real problem, then specifics will really be the only answer.
kat

Old 03-12-2003, 03:05 PM   #6

ok...since my last post i went and had a mammogram. i have 4 - 5 cysts in one of my breasts. kat...thanks for the advice. i don't drink caffeine...and i don't have a diet high in saturated fat. i'm very small so weight isn't an issue. i exercise regularly as well as eating a good diet with veges and fruits. i asked the doc about my BCP and she said that isn't the cause. maybe it's genetic? i'm worried that someday i will get bad news.

Closed Thread