It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2003, 11:50 AM   #1

smilesunshine HB User
Post Anyone expel solid tissue during mensturation? Help

I've been wondering this for about 15 years now. I've paid close attention to my period and noticed that primarily the same thing happens throughout my mensturation. I wanted to know if anyone else has simular experiences and can someone tell me what is happening in my body, particularly on Day 4. Thanks for your help.

Day one - Heavy cramping, with a one time clear colored thick discharge. At this point, I don't have to wear a pad until the end of the day. By the end of the night, the discharge is thick and dark colored, almost brown. After about 4 or 5 hours, the discharge becomes thinner and bright red. The cramping subsides.

Day two - "continuous" thin bright red flow with no cramping. (Not really continuous because my flow is VERY light during my periods.)

Day three - usually very little to absolutely no bleeding

***Day four - I won't have any bleeding that day until this specific event that I am about to describe: All of a sudden I will have a severe cramping sensation on the side of my waist. I can almost actually feel my stomach muscles contracting. I began sweating, I feel cold and hot at the same time, My the calves of my legs start to contract as well. The bleeding becomes "heavy", thin, bright red and almost feel hot. It also runs as opposed to oozing as in the first 3 days. Then I will discharge a thick tissue that is light pink in color. The size of it is about 20mm in length and it almost looks like a grape skin. As I try to releive the pain by massaging the lower part of my stomach at the joint of my thigh, it feels like it is moving somewhere. Then the cramps start in the uterus area and I can actually massage this tissue out of me. Almost instanteously, the cramps subside, and all of the ailments dissappear. Then I feel cool all over. Any remaining trickle of blood lasts for only another 5 minutes and my period is prety much over after that final discharge of thick tissue.

I'm not really asking anyone to comment on the first 3 days, unless you would like to. However, can someone please comment on this last day with the release of this thick fleshy tissue(and it's actually pretty tough like a grape skin as opposed to being gelatenous). Does anyone else experience this? What is this tissue mass and why is it accociated with cramping that feels different from my "period cramping"? (I ask this because it feels more like a traveling or moving sensation than actual cramps.)
My periods have a VERY light flow and I rarely have PMS symptoms. In fact, I could probably wear and completely soak only 1 pad during my entire period. (But of course I would never do that for sanitation purposes.) I'm not an the pill and I am 30.
Thank you again for you help, and I am sorry that post is so long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2003, 12:18 PM   #2
Inactive

Lady^ HB User
I pass alot of large clots furing my period and I get terrible cramps which keep me in bed the first day.

Old 02-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
I wouldn't consider this abnormal unless it happens more often than just once. Basically, if it happens again, go see a gyno RIGHT THEN. (I wonder if he'd want to see it?)

Old 02-12-2003, 07:36 AM   #4

NewMe HB User
Lightbulb

I would go see the gynecologist, may be excess lining of your uterus. We all shed lining of the uterus , that is what our period is. Though you may be shedding excess. Just an opinion.

Old 02-12-2003, 09:12 AM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Clots are normal but do mention this to your doc so that they are aware of it and have it on your medical records. For those that pass large clots and have lots of cramps etc. be sure your doc has checked you for endemetriosis as these can be common symptoms. Cramps should not be debilitating and if they are your doc needs to work with you at finding a cause and solution to them.

Old 02-12-2003, 10:51 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

4given1 HB User
I often experience precisely what you've described -- right down to the severe cramping with tissue expulsion. Bleeding is also very scant on day three for me.

Old 02-12-2003, 02:55 PM   #7

smilesunshine HB User
Glad I'm not alone. The cramps are not dibilitating or bed strickening or anything. I tolerate the pain well just knowing that it's associated with this tissue expellment which ends my period. This may sound wierd, but I actually look forward to it from day one so my period could be over.

[This message has been edited by smilesunshine (edited 02-12-2003).]

Old 02-16-2003, 03:22 AM   #8

northernlights HB User
I went through something similar for years. Yes, the traveling feeling from the clot was a real trip for me. How awful was that??? The sudden cramping.....

My gyno put me on birth control pills and that stopped the clots and heavy bleeding. What was nice about birth control pills is I could take them up to 3 months at a time without a break, so I would only have my period every 84 days. My gyno didn't want me to go longer than that.

Bad news with the birth control for me were migrain headaches. I got them monthly, up to 3 days at a time. These lasted for 4 years!!! My gyno was aware of my headaches. I had to make a decision - heavy bleeding/clotting or migrain headaches. I went back to the heavy bleeding/clotting, since the migrains were debilitating for me and I would be in bed for 2+ days. But then, those heavy bleeding days I would miss work because I would just gush for what felt like hours! Well, couldn't stand it anymore, so the Dr. and I came to the conclusion that a hysterectomy would be the answer for me.

I had one back in August - naturally, no more bleeding, no more migraines.

It's not the answer for everyone, especially if your young, but it was the answer for me. I'm 44 and have had my 3 kids, so I didn't have a problem with the route I took.

I would definately talk to your gyno again, or find one that will HEAR what you're saying. Birth control pills have many benefits. It really worked wonders for me for controling the bleeding to a more "normal" flow, WITHOUT the clotting! When I was on the pill, I didn't have that....when I was off, it was so painful and so awful. I would litteraly sit on the toilet while they passed - I had more than one and they were so large. Scared the pooh right out of me!! Thought I was losing my organs inside of me sometimes!

Good luck to you~

~northernlights~

------------------
~~last night i dreamed i ate a giant marshmallow......this morning my pillow was gone!

Old 04-18-2003, 12:27 AM   #9

Mocha1 HB User
WHOA!! I thought I was the only one that experienced this. My period cycle is almost identical to yours, except when the tissue or whatever is released, it's not that painful. I do feel some discomfort but it's not that bad for me. The 3rd day is very light, that's the day the tissue usually passes.

Closed Thread