It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2003, 09:29 PM   #1

bcrazy HB User
Post rash between butt cheeks, ouch-anyone?

I have a sore spot right between my butt cheeks that is an inch or two long that just wont completely go away, Ive tried several things, anyone else ever experienced this?

Old 05-27-2003, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

SunFun HB User
Yes, I have. You want to try to keep the area dry. So after going to the bathroom, make sure your wipe is gentle, maybe blot after cleaning the area. Also, air drying it is very helpful. If you can find a small hand held fan, use that to dry the area after a shower instead of a towel. DON'T SCRATCH IT, it'll only make things worse. Try blotting some hydrogen proxide on it a few times. That's what worked for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 02:47 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Hydrogen peroxide is awfully harsh and not recommended for wounds any more unless diluted with water. Normal saline or just plain soap and water is recommended. If it is just the one spot that is bothering then wash and dry well and apply tea tree oil or mix tea tree oil in with whatever ointment you have on hand to put on cuts and sores. Sleep on your side with your butt open to the air aka the sheets off you butt so it is exposed to help heal the area. Since moisture may tend to build up in this area you may want to put a square of guaze bandage between your butt cheeks to help absorb the excess moisture. It this doesn't heal it in a couple of days then see the doc.

Closed Thread