It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2003, 10:12 AM   #1

SOUTHERN DIVA HB User
Post Can Endo. cause constant/chronic pelvic pain?

I am 42,have had 4 laproscopy's for endo. in the last 12 years.I will eventually have hyst.,I am sure. I am always,night and day,in constant (lower pelvic) pain. I also have low back and hip pain. I had pelvic ultasound last year,it showed small,2cm.cysts in each ovary,2 drs' told me it was othing to worry about. I am worried to death that I must have something more serious than "just endo". I have had 5 pelvic exams in the past year,3 diferent drs say everything "feels fine",ovaries feel normal,etc...I am starting to think they think I am a crazy hyperchondriac! I am not---I just hurt like the devil,does aybody else???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2003, 10:50 AM   #2

sweetescape02 HB User
Arrow

Yep, I hurt like hell, too! Although my Laporoscopy was just done on Monday, I still feel the same pain in the same places. I also had surgery last week to remove 2 huge tumors in my ovaries.

I actually begged my doctor for a hysterectomy but since I'm only 26, he says no way for now. I have 3 kids and I told him I'm done so I could care less what happens, as long as the pain is gone. Maybe he'll get the hint some day...

You're not crazy!

------------------
~ Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad. ~

[This message has been edited by sweetescape02 (edited 05-21-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User
Hi diva..
Your not crazy! Ive had endo for 14 yrs...It affects everyone differently. Im keeping it at bay by using progesterone cream,,& eating right, vitamins,,etc..are you on any hormones?
Ive often thought about getting a hyster. but that would be a last resort..Im hoping it will get better with menopause.
PS..hster is NOT a cure,,any endo tissue can grow outside the uterus..(but, i think you knew that)
I hope you feel better~

Old 05-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #4

Vlasik HB User

No, you are not crazy at all. I have endo and had 2 laparoscopies. I have a lot of pain too, and I take painkillers all the time. I am only 25, have no kids, and somedays the pain is so bad that I want to have a hysterectomy...but then again, I still want to have kids someday. And plus, a hysterectomy will not stop the tissue from growing outside of the uterus. So, I am just trying to find ways of managing the pain.

Old 05-21-2003, 12:17 PM   #5

Vlasik HB User

Hi Sonic,

Do you mind telling me about your diet, vitamins and cream? Never heard of this cream and I am always interested to know about things that help manage my endo. Thanks.

Old 05-21-2003, 01:10 PM   #6
Inactive

Karla HB User
I have endo and I used to hurt all the time! I had a complete hysterectomy a couple of years ago and now I feel great! I wish I would have had it done sooner I feel so stupid for being afraid of having the hystectomy. I have no metapause or endo symptoms what so ever. Life couldn't be better at 36.

Old 05-21-2003, 05:18 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User
Hi again,,,well, Ive been using Natural progesterone cream for a year and half,,It has made me more regular,,& less period pain. [url="http://www.natural-progesterone-advisory-network.com"]http://www.natural-progesterone-advisory-network.com[/url]

check out this site for more info... as far as the diet,,i just try to avoid junk,,(sometimes its hard),,,lol, multivitamins,,10 days before my period I take B complex,B-12, calcium & Magnesium,,I also have endo on my bowels,,& find the calcium helps with diareha.
Eve. primrose oil, & black cohosh for hot flashes, mood swings...etc
My PMS used to be REALLY bad, dr put me on Celexa...it has really helped. Im not balling all the time now.

Old 05-22-2003, 07:26 AM   #8

Vlasik HB User

thank you sonic. I appreciate it.

Old 05-27-2003, 04:39 PM   #9

SuzCat HB User
If you've had many surgeries for endo (you said you've had four), then your pain could possibly be caused by surgical adhesions, which form and get worse with every new surgery. This is an ongoing problem with women who have repeated surgeries for endo; if the endo lesions don't cause them pain, the surgical adhesions do!! You can visit w w w.adhesions.org if you'd like to read more about how they're formed and the symptoms they can cause. Regardless, please know that you are NOT crazy, and don't let anyone make you feel like your pain is not real or is not valid. Keep talking to doctors until you find one who will listen; endo is never an easy disease to deal with, and adhesions can be equally tricky. So, it's very important that you are able to trust your physician and that you feel like he/she listens to you and takes you seriously.

Hope your pain gets better soon...
Suz

Closed Thread