It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 03:04 PM   #1

Goofy45 HB User
Angry REALLY BAD PMS

I have really bad PMS...what can I do to stop it...I get inot really bad moods and I yell at everyone. I'm just an angry person when that time comes around. I feel really bad for my Lover

Old 05-29-2003, 04:37 PM   #2

BlackRain22 HB User
yeah ....man...i get PMS too.....bad cramps and mood swings..the mood swing usually come a week b4 my period

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 09:32 PM   #3

Kaia HB User
Going on the birth control pill can lessen the effects of PMS, including cramps and mood swings. The BC pill regulates your hormones so that they are virtually constant, which can also improve skin and hair. Many girls go on the pill for these benefits, and not for its contraceptive benefits, although of course this is a major advantage if you're sexually active!
Go to your doctor and see what they can offer. There are many types of pills to cater for different womens needs.
Good luck!

Old 05-29-2003, 11:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Before going on the BCP for PMS, which can also play havoc with your hormones, please consider all the other alternatives first.

If you want to regulate your hormones you can try taking Agnus Castus (Vitex). This is very good. There is also Evening Primrose Oil and Blackcohosh.

You should also look in to having some acupuncture and homeopathic treatment.

From the symptoms that you describe, I would say that you have a lot of what is known as Liver Qi Stagnation. This can become very stuck and will not flow smoothly before a period and when this happens you get all the classic symptoms such as anger and irritability and just shouting at everyone.

Also, I think you might benefit well from taking the homeopathic remedy NUX VOMICA. It is a good hangover remedy too and has a strong affinity for the liver and if you get predominantly angry and irritable and shout at others at this time, then this could well be the remedy for you.

I don't know what other symptoms you get, but if you get very hot, angry, irritable and you just get so angry that you throw things at people also, then a remedy called LACHESIS could work. Are you better when your period starts? If so, then Lachesis would be good as all their symptoms are worse before a period and once their period starts they immediately feel relief. All their problems are better for flow.

Do you ever get a headache and upset stomach beforehand? If so, then I would try the NUX VOMICA first. It sounds very much as though you need a good liver remedy before your period to help these symptoms. You need to get that Liver Qi flowing smoothly or you will feel dreadful.

Please consider all of these alternatives before the BCP. This is a drastic measure and does not always regulate your hormones and you could end up with more problems in the long run.

Good luck

Old 05-30-2003, 08:06 AM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
I think the first thing warrented with this is to see the doc to rule out any problems such as endo or some other problem. Then the two of you can proceed from there. The doc can help offer suggestions and you can figure out what you would like to try be it natural or otherwise.

Old 05-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #6
(female)

Sapphie HB User
I just went to the doc for this problem. She prescribed me a low dose of Prozac. She is also doing blood tests to test my thyroid for any hormone issues.

Old 05-30-2003, 12:03 PM   #7

Goofy45 HB User
Smile

Hey thanks for your replies, Well I'm taking BCP's now, they are helping my Acne but not PMS...I'm So irritable and angry...and I do throw things, and get hot like hot flashes. Maybe I should call the doctor to see if they can give my anything. It's really bad 1 week prior and that whole week during. Thanks again.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

See, there you go. I did tell you that the BCP would not be the answer to all your problems and you probably should have looked at the alternatives in the first place.

Anyay, the fact that you get very irritable and angry and actually throw things before a period and get flushes of heat rising actually sounds like a very good LACHESIS picture to me. Homeopathic remedies seem to work best in a higher potency for PMT issues, however, you can get it and take it in whatever potency and if it is the right remedy, then it should work. It certainly sounds like it though. Are you better once your period starts? If so, this is another Lachesis picture and they are always better for discharges, so once the period start they are back to normal again.

Try this, but I would strongly advise you to see a qualified classical homeopath and get some constitutional treatment. If you get this, it could stop your PMT altogether and lets face it, that has to better than the BCP, well to my mind anyway.

Old 06-08-2003, 01:37 AM   #9

kran HB User
read about PMDD. its a serious kind of PMS. i had no idea this even existed until about 6 months ago when i was diagnosed. don't take bad pms lightly...it can interfere with everyday life and make one very depressed and hopeless feeling. more women need to know about this serious condition.

Old 06-08-2003, 05:14 AM   #10

Bailey625 HB User
I was the same way for years ......irritable, crying, depressed, it was such a roller coaster ride for me the week prior to getting my period and the Dr. suggested anti depressants for the week before and the week during my period. I opted to try and take the Evening Primrose Oil ( as i also used it for fibrocystic breast) but instead of taking it just the week before i started taking it daily and increase my dose the week before my period starts and i have had nothing but great results. I m more into trying something natural before i put chemicals into my body but that's just me. I also use vatimins designed for PMS the week prior to my period that support the hormonal changes our bodies go through. Just as you would use a prenatal vitamin for when your pregnant to support the changes in your body so should be for the hormonal chages we experience during our cycles.I think the Evening Primrose is an excellent alternative..it has been for me.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:35 AM   #11
(female)

Wyndi HB User
PLEASE make sure you want to do that before you start taking Prozac. People say birth control pills can cause problems, but it's nothing like what anti-depressants can do. I was prescribed Paxil then Prozac for stomach problems and instead of helping, it caused me to gain 30 pounds in a matter of 3 months. It's been about 4 months since I stopped taking them and after a LOT of work, I'm finally losing the weight. I'd rather have a few mood swings a month than this.

Closed Thread