It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2003, 06:37 PM   #1

AnnieNotFeelingSoWell HB User
Question Catching cold with period everytime!

This is so weird and disturbing. For the past several months, I caught a cold everytime my period starts. It's three times in a role now and that really makes me doubt if this is a pure coincidence. It feels so miserable when you have fever, headache, nasal congestion, and cough along with the menstural cramps and severe back pain. Does anyone else experience this? What could be wrong with me?

Old 05-27-2003, 05:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Amazingly, I experienced this same thing during some winter months when my children were small. I laid it to the fact that my immune system wasn't up to par and I was catching colds or strep throat from my kids. I started taking better care of myself by getting more rest (I was usually sleep deprived) and taking vitamins.

I know how you feel, though, it's like it was automatic or something, but I think it really was just a coincidence in my case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 08:25 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Your immune system is obviously not up to par so you probably need to switch to a better multivitamin and add a good antioxidant supplement to your daily routine. Once you get your immune system built back up you will quit getting colds and other illnesses. You didn't mention what multivitamin you currently use but it obviously isn't doing a very good job so it it time to switch to a better vitamin.

Old 06-15-2003, 10:39 PM   #4

helpfulgrl HB User
Smile

I've been told that it is a common occurance for a woman's immunity to be lower during their period due to the loss of iron through the blood. Without fail, I have the same problem as you do! I just make sure to try to prevent it by taking a multi vitamin and eating very well during my period- try lots of fruits and veggies and foods with iron in them like spinach and nuts. hope this helps!

Old 06-16-2003, 07:25 AM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Taking a good antioxidant supplement will raise your immune system easily so that you don't get the colds and sickness anymore. Why suffer when you can use an antioxidant supplement and take care of this for good?

Old 06-24-2003, 01:21 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User
I heard that taking aspirin such as tylenol or midol during your period makes you more vulnerable to getting a cold. So maybe you should try not taking them during your period week. I don't know if this is true or not, but hope it helps!

Closed Thread