It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2003, 12:55 AM   #1

manzar HB User
Unhappy foamy discharge during intercourse

Hi,yesterday I had severe pain in the right side of my lower abdomin,I went to see a GP as I thought it might be appendicitus pain but he said it might be due to ovulaion as I 'm right in the middle of my cycle.Last night as I was having intercourse with my husband I noticed white foam like discharge[probably mine] around his penis.When I wiped my vaginal area with a white tissue paper I saw white flakes along with traces of blood[more of brownish colour].I should also inform that we are planning on having a baby.
If this is an infection can it be dangerous to plan a baby?
I have been feeling itchy as well in that region since a month.I will see my gyno in a few days meanwhile I really need info about this matter.

Old 06-28-2003, 01:13 AM   #2

im so scared what is this HB User
Dont mind the id. So you say you are right in the middle of your cycle? Like you are on your period right now. I know i am young but i thought i could help. When i have sex while im on my peirod... well anybody for this matter, there is ALWAYZ gonna be blood. Like when you pull a tampon out the blood hasa brownish tent to it. thats what that is. now for the white foamy stuff. what kind of foamy like hair moose or like whip cream foamy, or like bubbly foamy? Oh and for the baby, i would wait and see what ur gyno says, Keep me posted
Jorden

[This message has been edited by im so scared what is this (edited 06-28-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2003, 04:45 AM   #3

susgan HB User
mid cycle pain is what that might be, and for the foamy discharge, all I can think is, for me mid cycle I get alot of discharge anyways and add to that the friction of intercourse it might just be like whipping an eggwhite into a thick foamy subsatnce. Sorry, that sounds kind of gross. As for the blood, you have me there? I am glad you are going back in to see the doc.

Good luck

Susan

Old 06-28-2003, 11:27 AM   #4

manzar HB User
Thanks you guys for the interest....as for you Jorden...being in the mid cycle means...when you are ovulating not when you are having periods....

I'll go for a urine examination tommorow,by the way there were traces of mild infection in my complete blood examination

Susgan your answer really made sence,I'll certainly discuss it with my doc.

Thanks to everyone who replies.

Manzar.

Old 06-28-2003, 12:24 PM   #5
Inactive

Pippin31 HB User
Hi,
It sounds like a yeast infection. Do you itch or burn at all? Also, hormonal changes can sometimes cause irritation. You didnít say if there was a lot or a little blood. This could stem from an irritated vagina due to not enough lubrication and friction. Again, itís best to go to the doctor. Good luck with the baby making :

Old 06-28-2003, 12:40 PM   #6
Inactive

Pippin31 HB User
Unhappy

I may have to take back my earlier post. I re-read yours again and it sounds like an ovarian cyst may have broken. I canít tell you how many times I ended up in the ER thinking I had appendicitis only to find out it was a cyst on my right ovary. Let me know what the doctor finds. I am interested to see if it is a cyst or not. The last time I had this ďattackĒ they didnít find a cyst. They diagnosed me with endometriosis, that is until they went in and looked around through surgery. They didnít see anything. So, again, I am interested in what this pain in your right side is. Keep me posted!! Good luck.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:46 AM   #7

manzar HB User
Angry

This for pippin31

Thanks for your post....I went to my gyno on last monday....I told her everything but she was not concerned at all...She told me to get a urine test done and I delayed it due to some domestic reason....but I'll certainly go for the test tommorow i.e friday.The pain is still there...I think it has spread in entire lower abdomen area....
Have I mentioned earlier, that I have PCOS[polycystic ovarian syndrome] and I was prescribed CLOMIPHENE TABLETS to encourage OVULATION as we want to plan a baby......Do you think it[the pain] can be due to hyper stimulation of the ovaries.....I am totally confused and HURTING......

NEED YOUR HELP

THANKS.
manzar

Old 07-03-2003, 05:58 PM   #8
Inactive

Pippin31 HB User
This could come from medication. However, I am shocked that your doctor didnít want to do an ultrasound. Even if she didnít feel a cyst during your pelvic, having PCOS , I would think she would want to check up on that. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 97. I wasnít trying to conceive, so I was put on Glucophage. I couldnít tolerate it more than a few months because it increased stomach problems.
Anyway, how long have you been on this medication? Have you noticed any other symptoms? If you really want my opinion, I think you should see a reproductive endroconologist! They specialize in fertility problems. They do extensive testing to find the cause, treat, and so on. I went through 6 GYNís before I finally broke down and went to an RE. He was the only one that made my pelvic pain go away!!! He told me, after looking at a picture of my ovaries from my first lapro that my GYN did, that I wasnít ovulating. He was right, he did a lapro in April and looked around. He was treating me for endometriosis as well. I just think RE are better suited for fertility problems than GYNís. Is it possible for you to see one? Let me know how things go.

Closed Thread