It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

On Pill - two months no period

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #1
Girl19Question

Girl19Question HB User
Post On Pill - two months no period

Hi,
I am a 19 year old girl. I have been on the pill for over 6 months now. I have been good about taking the pill everyday and my boyfriend pulls out everytime. However, I have missed my last two periods. After the first missed period, I went to doctors and took a urine test (5-6 days after I should have got my period) and it came up negative. Doctor said not to worry about it cause I was not pregnant. Then this month I did not get my period again. I took a HPT and it came back negative as well. Should I be worried. I dont want to go back to the doctors because I dont want my mother to find out. Any advice? Could I still be pregnant? Should I continue taking my birth control pills?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
NickName
Inactive
(female)

NickName HB User
Yes keep taking the pills unless a doctor tells you not to. And why in the world are you not using condoms??? Pulling out is not always effective. If you are worried about what your mother will think of all of this, maybe you should reconsider sex altogether. Just a thought.

Sometimes a change in diet, exercise, stress, body weight...etc. can cause a woman to miss a period.

Old 07-13-2003, 06:12 AM   #3
jessilynn68
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Hi there -

I understand about worrying about mom finding out, but there is no need for her to find out. When I was your age, I worried about that, too. Legally speaking, your doc can't tell her what's going on. If you are on her insurance, though, she can find out that you went to the doc if she gets the statements.

Why don't you try a planned parenthood or family planning clinic? If you are religious about taking the pill, and he is pulling out, I doubt you are pregnant, but I still think you need to see a doc. It could be that the pill is messing things up, and youneed another kind. And if the pill isn't working, youmight get pregnant that way. Also, stress can screw up the pill, so try and relax. And use condoms, please. It sounds as if you might need a back-up method at this time, and the pill offers no protection against STDs.

I won't go into how you are too young or not ready for sex. I think that is a decision only you can make, and not wanting your mom to know doesn't mean you aren't ready. My mom always said I might be ready for sex, but she wasn't ready for me to have sex, or for her to know about it. However, if something was wrong with me, she would have wanted to know about it. Just think about it. And call a clinic or something. Good luck.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:08 AM   #4
Girl19Question

Girl19Question HB User
Thank you jessilynn68

I will make an appointment next week with a doctor or planned parenthood. The whole thing about my mother not finding out, is to not worry her unless I am pregnant or have a really good chance I am. The reason I wrote on this forum was to get other people's advice and thoughts. I know the doctor is the best to turn to, but I wanted to see if others have had this problem before or heard of similar ones. Thank you for the advice Jessilynn. And I will also use an condoms as a back up as well. Anymore thoughts from anyone is welcome.

Closed Thread