It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2003, 09:46 PM   #1

starryeyed HB User
Post "normal vagina?"

ok i was wondering is it normal from the clitaris (edit: what i meant instead of clitaris is inner labia) to like stick outside of the vagina lips or is it suppose to be inside? mine kinda of sticks out and i will push it back inside but it won't stay there. i am just wondering if this is normal or not.

[This message has been edited by starryeyed (edited 06-22-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #2

starryeyed HB User
oh and is there like a diagram or something of what a normal vagina is suppose to look like? i know i sound so stupid...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You clitoris sticks out and it is locate above the urethra which is located above the vagina. How you can claim to be sticking it back into the vagina is beyond me since it is located farther up than that. Do a web search for female anatomy diagrams to see how the female looks. Also take a mirror and examine what you look like. If you look you will see where the enterance to your vagina is and above that will be a tiny opening that is your urethra and just above that is your clitoris.

Old 05-27-2003, 06:57 PM   #4

susgan HB User
I am unsure of your age, but I agree that you should look at anything that shows you the female anatomy and then that should help you. If it makes you feel any better, as a child (now that makes me sound old)I thought as I think you are that the clitoris was inside my vagina. My mom was not the best in explaining it to me, and I was very shy and never asked ANY questions for fear of embarrassment.

As long as I am on a roll, another thing I had to learn the hard way, and will pass on to you is to pull the "hood" back on your clitoris and clean there gently. It gets gunk built up, toilet paper stuck, etc. and all that can cause infections.

My only other thought is when I had a prolapse which had not been diagnosed yet I could push my female organs back in. It was after a 3rd baby, that weighed 9lbs. 4ozs. and I was only 107 lbs. But to make my point, if you have an organ that needs to be "pushed back in", that may be a reason to have a doc, check things out for you. Have you recently had a baby? Surgery?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask any question. I am happy to help, and I am sure that many posters will be willing to add their thoughts also

Take care,

Susan

Old 05-27-2003, 09:34 PM   #5

starryeyed HB User
Lightbulb

I feel so stupid! I looked at some anatomy diagrams and pictures and it's not the clitaros that I'm talking about I believe it's the inner labia that's talking about. Is that suppose to stick out of the outer labia?

I'm just a teenager. I know the parts and what they do and safe sex and everything... I was just confused about the names. It's weird because you know I don't go around looking at people's vaginas so I'm not sure how mine is "supposed" to look.

Thank you both for all you help sorry for sounding stupid!

Old 05-28-2003, 07:02 AM   #6

susgan HB User
first off, please don't ever feel stupid for asing questions. How else are you suppose to learn? Also, no one on here knows you so there is no reason to feel embarrassed as to asking a question.

The inner labia doesn't stick out farther than the outer labia usually, but each person is different, so there is no set fast rule. If you feel as if things are not correct than maybe you could be seen by a doc. to make sure all is well.

Is your mom some one you can talk with to express your concerns? Or is there another female you would feel comfortable talking with that might be able to help you in this area?

I will answer any questions you feel you would like to ask, or I will do my best to help you find an answer. Good luck, and don't be so hard on your self!

Susan

Old 05-30-2003, 10:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

autumnleaves HB User
Out of sheer embarassment I can't believe I am answering you here, but even up to my late 30's I thought I looked "funny" down there as well. Like you, one side sticks out. So...I bit the bullet and asked my doctor. She laughed at my question but said that I was right smack dab in the middle of normal looking. I talked with one of my friends about this once and she said she had the same thing. Don't worry, you are normal.

Old 06-22-2003, 01:08 PM   #8

starryeyed HB User
Thumbs up

thank you so much. i have been reading stuff on the internet and looking at some diagrams and i found out that it *is* normal. but i hate because i think it looks weird. i don't like doing sexual things because i am embarrassed of it. do a lot of girls have this? is there anything i can do about it? i try to push it in so it doesn't hang out and that works but just for the temporary. i mean what exactly is a vagina suppose to look like when it's closed just one big slit? i'm glad someone can relate though i felt so abnormal.

Old 06-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
I find it amazing that while we can teach "childrn" (no offense here - I mean like in school) about AIDS, and sex, and birth control, we can't teach them that everyone's body looks different, and that there is no "normal." The only analogy I can think of is that some people's second toe is longer than their first, and that is entirely normal. Women have different breast sizes - even one boob can be bigger than the other, and this is normal. My guess is that any boy who got close enough to see you naked would be so overjoyed that he got that close to a naked woman, that he wouldn't even notice anything. And stop worrying yourself crazy over this. I know its easier said than done, but I am sure you are beautiful - what woman isn't in some way? - and there is so much more to you that a man/boy/guy/other person will find beautiful, and so much more to you than your labia size. And yes - my inner labia are a little "bigger" than my outer. My bf loves it, btw. And if he didn't - there is someone out there who would.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:19 PM   #10

legsarebad HB User
Hi. I have this problem too but now the side that sticks out hurts. I'm not sure what is wrong but I have been sweating more lately since I've been running. That also means my shorts rub that area while running. I also used a different tampon last month and feel that had something do to with why I'm sore there. Is there anything I can do for this without seeing the doctor?

Old 07-14-2003, 05:51 PM   #11
Inactive

serenity111 HB User
hi, i have the same inner labia, that you are talking about! i have always felt insecure,not knowing if this was normal. every woman is completley different! on the board there is abnormally large inner labia's, look for that one. i posted on there that i could relate. when i was younger i always felt like i looked different, but im 31 now, and know that im not. some women's stick out, and some are up inside, some are long and some are short, so hope this helps ya. it helped me just to know there were other people that felt uncomfortable like myself, that could relate.....

Closed Thread