It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Tampon-1st time, can't get it in! Help!!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2003, 11:58 AM   #1
Me602

Me602 HB User
Exclamation Tampon-1st time, can't get it in! Help!!!!

Hi...ok, I hope I'm allowed to put this here, but I've tried several times to put my tampon in, and I can't get it in. I'm not even sure if I'm putting it in the right spot. When I tried I sometimes got a little bit of a burning sensation. Ok, I know this probably sounds gross, but could someone please describe to me what I'm looking for?? Or, I know this is asking a lot, but give me a link to a diagram of one or something? When I open the inner lips, I see this little thing, it almost looks like another little set of lips or something. I can't see where the clitoris is. Please help me, I need to know by tomorrow morning at the latest!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2003, 12:24 PM   #2
s2kgf

s2kgf HB User
Okay...relax and breathe...it can be tricky at first but you should be doing this at an angle. The box does come with instructions and visuals on how to insert it. Without being too graphic, you would think of putting it in towards the front - but trust me, it ain't goin' there - you could only put in so much and that you can't go any further. Right behind that area is your target - don't go too far - that's also where it doesn't belong. The middle is the winner...when you're in the shower - try to look around - I know it'll be tough but grab a mirror...oh, and if and when you finally get it in, be sure it's as far in as possible cuz it'll hurt otherwise. Don't force it in - just ease up a bit. Also, it may make a difference if you use the plastic easy glide versus the cardboard applicator; I prefer the plastic myself. Hope this helps...good luck!

Old 07-16-2003, 12:30 PM   #3
jessilynn68
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Me602:
Hi...ok, I hope I'm allowed to put this here, but I've tried several times to put my tampon in, and I can't get it in. I'm not even sure if I'm putting it in the right spot. When I tried I sometimes got a little bit of a burning sensation. Ok, I know this probably sounds gross, but could someone please describe to me what I'm looking for?? Or, I know this is asking a lot, but give me a link to a diagram of one or something? When I open the inner lips, I see this little thing, it almost looks like another little set of lips or something. I can't see where the clitoris is. Please help me, I need to know by tomorrow morning at the latest!!!

OK - first off, you have to relax. Nothing will work here if you aren't. Second, get a mirror, and look at the whole vaginal area. You will see your "lips", or labia majora (the outer ones) and labia minora (the inner ones). Also if you open your legs, you will the the urinary opening, at the top of the labia, and the vaginal opening (that's the bigger hole). Then you see the perinium, which is the little skin between the vaginal opening, and the anus. The tampon goes in the vaginal opening. When you are first trying to use tampons, it helps to stand and put one leg on the toilet to open things up a little, so to speak. Use a little vaseline on the tip if you want - it can help slide it in. No need to goop it all up - a little dab will work.

As far as the clitoris goes, it is under a little hood at the top of the lips, above the urinary opening. You might not really see it well as it is covered. Try touching around there - you will definitely feel when you find it. You might get little jolts or something similiar. That's normal.

I have never seen a really good site for this, or I would post it. But relax - all this is normal, and how you are feeling is normal.

Old 07-16-2003, 02:48 PM   #4
Me602

Me602 HB User
Ok thanks so much both of you!!!!!!!!! I have to try again.....umm...I will not be able to use the bathrooms I don't think for about 7 1/2 hrs. or so-because there won't be any! Oh and I'll be in the water (on a tube or raft) for probably about 3 1/2 hours. My period's kind of...regular I guess, maybe a little heavy I'm not sure. I have Tampax Regular Tampons. Can I keep one in that long?? Thanks again SOOOOOO much!!!

Old 07-16-2003, 02:55 PM   #5
EddieDean
Veteran
(female)

EddieDean HB User
I just started using tampons myself (I'm 24 and figured it was finally TIME!), but I gotta say I don't really see the point! I don't have especially heavy periods, but I have to wear a pad under one because I leak through after a few hours. Does anyone else have this problem?

One more thing about them....make sure the cardboard applicator doesn't get stuck inside of you! I had this happen last month. I thought both parts had come out when I inserted it, but the cardboard managed to stay in there! I went in a hot tub and everything....I noticed I was feeling uncomfortable and went to the bathroom to check it out. Sure enough, the cardboard was still on the tampon. I laughed so hard that I was crying.....I am so naive about this stuff!

Anyway, good luck....my advice is to wear a pad along with the tampon because they WILL leak!

Old 07-16-2003, 03:32 PM   #6
Me602

Me602 HB User
Hi thanks for your reply! Lol

But I will be in the river for about 3 1/2 hrs....so I don't think I will be able to wear a pad, oh but I could probably wear one on just regular times anyway, thanks!!

Oh, for the leaking thing, maybe you're not getting one that absorbs enough? You know how like they have ones for when your period's lighter and when it's heavier and stuff like that. If not I guess you would just have to change it more often?? Check with someone who knows before you take my advice though! Hehehe! Good luck!!! ^_~

Old 07-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #7
DanaJ
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by EddieDean:
I just started using tampons myself (I'm 24 and figured it was finally TIME!), but I gotta say I don't really see the point! I don't have especially heavy periods, but I have to wear a pad under one because I leak through after a few hours. Does anyone else have this problem?

One more thing about them....make sure the cardboard applicator doesn't get stuck inside of you! I had this happen last month. I thought both parts had come out when I inserted it, but the cardboard managed to stay in there! I went in a hot tub and everything....I noticed I was feeling uncomfortable and went to the bathroom to check it out. Sure enough, the cardboard was still on the tampon. I laughed so hard that I was crying.....I am so naive about this stuff!

Anyway, good luck....my advice is to wear a pad along with the tampon because they WILL leak!
Tampons won't leak if used properly They will leak though if they are left in longer than recommended, or is the absorbancy isn't enough for your flow.
I have had the tampon leak so to speak, but when it did happen, which was a long tim ago, I realized it was a mistake on my part, not related to effectiveness of the product.

LOL EddieDean I can't even imagine having the tampon in WITH the applicator. That's a trip LOL!

Me602, I'd recommend learning more about your vaginal area and exploring. Another reason why you may have difficulty getting the tampon in can be related to how dry you are in that area. Dryness is an enemy when it comes to that sort of thing.
If you're period is regular to heavy, you might want to add the protection of upping the absorbancy. Go for something more than regular. It's no recommended you keep them in too long, but as long as it's not more than 8hrs you should be okay.
Good luck!

Old 07-16-2003, 03:49 PM   #8
Me602

Me602 HB User
Hi! Ok thanks!! I tried it again but I'm still not sure where to put it in. That thing I described between the inner lips that jessilynn said was the pernium opens up, and it's pretty small. Also below that there's something, not my..anus. What are those? Thank you so much everyone!!!! And not to shun your guidance or anything, do you think someone could pull up a diagram or something for me? (I don't want anyone to see the searches on my computer and think I was using it for some other purpose.) Well, I look foward to more help!!! Tomorrow morning is getting closer and closer!!! Thanks!!

Old 07-16-2003, 04:10 PM   #9
jessilynn68
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Hi Me -

Ok - clearly, I didn't describe this well enough. The perineum is the space between the vaginal opening and the anus, which, to be blunt, is your ********. The thing in between your inner lips that opens might be the urinary opening, but I am not sure I know where you are describing. The other things you are describing - I am not sure. Are they lumps or is it skin? Where exactly are they located?

And yes - you should be fine on the water, and hope you have a great time. I wish I could be more help, but I am just not sure what you are describing.

Old 07-16-2003, 04:30 PM   #10
Me602

Me602 HB User
I'ms orry to keep bothering you all, of course it would be me who makes it such a big deal. It is below the area where I pee I think, and it....kind of reminds me of a flower, it's little flaps of skin that look almost like another tiny sit of lip, except that you can pull away the bottom part too. I think this may be where the blood is coming from, but it is really small, and I don't see how I'm going to fit the tampon in if it is. I guess if it is I will since women have babies and all that stuff, but...I'm really sorry!!

Old 07-16-2003, 04:37 PM   #11
Me602

Me602 HB User
Oh, and you know how if you look at it with a mirror....how it all kind of makes an oval shape, well, it's almost at the bottom where the oval shape closes.

And thanks for wishing me well on the river!!!

Old 07-16-2003, 05:59 PM   #12
jessilynn68
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Hi there - what you are describing is part of the labia. Where the blood comes from is the vaginal opening, which is the biggest hole. That is where you will put the tampon. You'll be able to tell if its in there right - shouldn't hurt at all.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:09 PM   #13
Me602

Me602 HB User
Hi, the hole is in the middle of those flaps I described near the very bottom of everything. I think this is where the blood comes out (that hole). You say what i described is part of the..something, do you mean the flaps or the hole? Do you think that hole I described is the vaginal opening? Please respond soooon! Thanks!

Old 07-16-2003, 06:42 PM   #14
Me602

Me602 HB User
Talking

I got it in!!!!! Yayyyy!!!! I think it's when the string-gets moved around, I can kind of feel it, it's kind of like a teeny tiny burning sensation?? Does this mean I don't have it in right???

Well, some people of you know what my..uhhh..vagina looks like!!! So, so sorry!!! :} Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOO much to everyone!!!! I was considering not going on the trip!!! Thank you God!!! Thanks again everyone!!!!

Old 07-16-2003, 06:49 PM   #15
Me602

Me602 HB User
Oh, and it was in that flowery hole thing...sorry, don't mean to sound gross!!

Closed Thread