It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2003, 05:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soar HB User
Question Sore breast....How long before your period?

For the past 5 days my left breast, especially has been particularly tender. I tend to get this only a few days before my period.... I will be getting my period in 10 days. What about u, soreness and when?

Old 07-18-2003, 06:05 AM   #2
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
I haven't ever really suffered from this, but I am suspecting you started with the pain when you ovulated. You have your period 10 days from now, and you have had this pain for 5 days. Most women ovulate on the 14th day, but some vary by a day or 2, so I am thinking that is what this is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2003, 08:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
I have the same problem most months. Right after I ovulate the hormones kick in and I have tender breast right up until my period begins and I'm in my late 40's now. Would have thought my periods would ease up by now, but I'm regular like clockwork along with the same symptoms two weeks before.

Old 07-18-2003, 10:32 AM   #4

bngreen HB User
my tenderness starts anywhere from a few days to two weeks before my period. I also swell quite a bit. Altough it is a little painful to me, my husband doesn't mind the swelling. =)

Old 07-18-2003, 01:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soar HB User
Wink

Thanks so much for responding") How does ovulation work when on the pill? Sorry, I should know this! Have a great day! Cassie

Old 07-18-2003, 03:07 PM   #6
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Hey Soar -

You are on the pill? Well that sort of changes everything. You typically don't ovulate on the pill - that is the whole point of it. I know that some times that does happen, and when it does, the pill creates a "hostile envirnoment" to prevent implantation.

Your breast soreness might be an indication of ovulation, or it be something hormonal related to the pill. If it gets worse, I would give the doc a call. if it stays the same for thetime being, it might just be something this month that will end with your period.

Anyone else have any ideas? I am plum out.

Old 07-19-2003, 12:49 AM   #7

ritamymom HB User
I used to get breast swellling and tenderness anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 days before my cycle. Some months they would be so painful that I couldn't even sleep on my stomach!
One thing that I found, and I know you may say "that is strange!" but, my gyno is the one who told me this and, take it from someone who did it and it is SO true!:
If you drink alot of caffeine products, reduce them and chocolate too (which has alot of caffeine). After a couple of months you will find that the breast tenderness and swelling is reduced significantly!

I have been on Progeseterone therapy now for three months and I have noticed that the past two months I have had NO breast swelling or tenderness! I am assuming it is from the Progseterone although, the first month they were up and down like a helium balloon! Again though, I am assuming my body had to adjust to it.

Well, that is my two cents for what it is worth!!

Old 07-19-2003, 01:47 AM   #8
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Hi Soar,

This month,both my Breasts were tender for a week before I started.This surprised me coz its been awhile since I had tenderness before starting.

In the past they might be tender 2 weeks before starting..Depends on our Hormones at the given time

Closed Thread