It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2003, 04:50 PM   #1

musiclover HB User
Question white discharge

What are the different reasons for having white discharge... its actually clear. I was wondering. Thank you if you can help.

Old 07-21-2003, 05:01 PM   #2
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Hi there -

Discharge can change throughout the month, and at different times in your life.

It can be due to ovulation, hormonal changes because of the pill, stress, just about anything. As long as it is clear and has no odor, it is probably something not to worry about, but if you are concerned, give your doc a call.

[This message has been edited by jessilynn68 (edited 07-21-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2003, 05:13 PM   #3

musiclover HB User
what if it is white (not clear)? what could that be a sign of?

Old 07-22-2003, 03:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
I second what Jessilynn said. I think a lot of people read the "discharge" threads and get paranoid that any discharge they have is instantly yeast or BV.

Most times a clear to white discharge is considered "normal" and my doctor recently said that even a creamy coloured discharge "can" be normal.....BUT....everybody is different and their bodies work differently. Just like some people sweat more than others, some women will have more discharge than others. Two women can have a yeast or BV infection but not have exactly the same symptoms.

I tend to follow one rule which makes life easier and that is if my discharge changes dramatically or something begins happening which has not happened before (eg: itching) or begins to have a bad odour, then i'll get suspicious and go to my doc rather than self diagnose with creams which may not even be suitable for what i have/don't have.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:04 PM   #5

Dai HB User
Actually I've been having this same problem lately, I've had off white, almost transparent discharge with a slightly fruity odour (not bad really). I'm not feeling itchy but I've not had the same before. My latest checkup was just in April and everything was OK back then. I really wouldn't want to contact my gyno again about this. Do you think this kind of discharge is normal?
Thanks already in advance!

Old 07-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #6
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Hi there -

If you haven't had this before, why would you hesitate to call your doc? It makes no difference if you saw him in April or last week. If something has changed, you need to call.

Old 07-24-2003, 06:20 PM   #7

rubydolphin79 HB User
I agree with the others. Call you Doc just to make yourself feel better about everything. I'm sure it's nothing. I have had this discharge before, it is clear and kinda of "Strechy" so to speak of, and this is the time when you are most likely to be ovulating. But check with your Doc, it will make you feel better about the whole thing when you know everything is O.K.

Old 07-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #8

Hamer HB User
Last year I thought I was having some unusual white and clear discharge, so I went to 3 doctors who all told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with me. All women have discharge. It shouldn't itch or smell like anything. You should go to the planned parenthood website and read the section on predicting your period (In the birth control section) and read about the cervical mucus method. It is very detailed and will tell you about the patterns you should have each month with your discharge.
Good luck!
Amber

Old 07-26-2003, 03:10 PM   #9

littleblondie2202 HB User
I have alot of clear discharge also, but I have had it for a year or so. Anyone know how to correct this ?

Old 07-26-2003, 11:48 PM   #10

ritamymom HB User
I know this may sound odd but, I get that when I have a cold in my system. You know with post nasal drip all that mucus goes into your tummy and makes you feel gross. I also get it at ovulation sometimes.
Try drinking lots of water if it is a cold in your system, you will find it will disapate!

R

Old 07-27-2003, 10:27 AM   #11

Dai HB User
Thank you for your replies. I think my discharge must have been due to ovulation really, plus maybe due to the hot summer weather as well because with my period the discharge seems to be gone. I think I'll see what happens before I'll contact my doctor. Thanks anyway!

Old 07-27-2003, 11:14 PM   #12

Hamer HB User
The best thing to do to help with the discharge is to NOT wear pantyliners. The vagina needs to breath. Don't wear underwear at night and wear cotton during the day. These things my doctor told me and it really works!
Amber

Closed Thread