It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2003, 03:53 PM   #1
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Angry 1st period after lupron

hey everyone -

Well, its been about 2 months since my last lupron shot - I only got 4 - and I started my period today. I called my doc and told her cause she had said I wouldn't get one for several months, and since I was having a hysterectomy in Aug., I figured I wouldn't have one ever again. She said "Its pretty rare for it to come back this soon, but it could happen." Could happen? I think it did happen. And she might have told me so I didn't have to run to the store to get tampons. I had given all my leftover pads and tampons to my sister.

Anyway, I am wondering what to expect from this. I haven't had a period since January, and if this first day is any indication, its gonna be hell. Its heavy and PAINFUL!

Pip - how are you doing??? Has yours stopped?

Old 07-25-2003, 04:36 PM   #2
Inactive

endoIC HB User
I got my period within the first 2 months. I was told that this is normal. I've never heard of not having your period for a while after stopping Lupron.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2003, 04:54 PM   #3
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Heya Endo -

I can not believe the different information out there. My boss was on lupron and didn't have a period for 5 months after stopping it.

Was your first period after lupron hell? I have some cramping, but what is worse is the moodiness and emotions going crazy. For some reason, I feel like this period is a betrayal of my body. I haven't ever felt like that before. Its so weird. I am so hating it right now. I know its hormones, but I haven't ever been agnry about having a period before. UGH!

Old 07-26-2003, 10:53 PM   #4

Flash13 HB User
Wink

Hi,
I hope you donít mind me butting in here. I too was on Lupron for over a year. I went off and it took around 3 months to get my period. It only lasted 5 days which is unusual for me since this pelvic pain started. I am not sure when I will get another one or if I will for that fact. I can tell you my first period after Lupron was a doosey!! It was really painful, but glad it didnít bring my pain back full blown.

Jessilynn68...there is a girl around these boards, especially chronic pain, who I have read knows a lot about Lupron and pain. I joined these boards so I could talk to her. Her name is Pippin31. I see you asked about Pip, not sure if that is her or not but maybe you could ask her advise as well. I read a lot of her posts these past few months and she was on Lupron longer than I was. And to think..I thought I was the only one on this earth going through Lupron hell for tooooo long!!!! Makes me feel like maybe I am NOT on the verge of losing my mind!!! I was looking for her at the chronic pain boards. People over there are posting that they are concerned about her and have not heard from her. Not sure what is going on. Like I said, I joined just to talk with her because we both have experienced the same type of pain, medication, and non-diagnosis. I have looked into a clinic in California for women with undiagnosed chronic pelvic pain. So, Pippin31, if you read this post before the chronic boards, let me know and I can give that info to you if you would like. Look forward to talking with you!!!

Old 07-27-2003, 05:29 AM   #5
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Heya Flash -

Not to revel in your pain, but I am soo glad to know this period is no abnormal coming off lupron.

And yes, I was talking about Pippin. I seem to remember she was going on vacation, she posted it when she posted about her first period. I had started to wonder because she didn't mention how long she would be gone, and it seems like a long time. I think she said something about leaving on the 19th, and I don't recall her mentioning a return date. If you see her on the chronic pain boards, tell her we miss her here too.

I wish I had known about these boards before I started lupron. I am having a hysterectomy Aug 18, and I probably would have gone straight to that and not fooled around with the lupron.

Thanks for your reply. And good luck with your pain. It seems there are a lot of women who have textbook symptoms of endo that can't seem to confirm they have it.

[This message has been edited by jessilynn68 (edited 07-27-2003).]

Old 07-27-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

jules1 HB User
Jessi - sorry to hear How are you doing now?

take care and feel better!

Old 07-28-2003, 04:07 AM   #7
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
heya Jules -

Actually, I am doing better now. My period has stopped, and with it went the mood swings. I tell ya though- my sister told me to take vitamins (esp the Bs) and that helped soo much! Apparently, it isn't unusual to have a period within 2 months, and I either misunderstood my doc or went into complete denial about having one, or my doc was wrong. But this period told me I am ready to have the surgery done. They could take my big toe now and I would be ok with it if they told me it would help.

Still doing well on the lupron? I sooo hope that lasts for ya.

jess

Old 07-28-2003, 05:47 AM   #8
Inactive

Karla HB User
I was on lupron for 6 months. I got my period the first month after I stopped the lupron. Didn't miss a beat. It was very long and very painfull. I had 3 periods before my scheduled hysterectomy. I to would not have done the lupron if I would have known I would be back to square one right after I stopped. It has been 3 years since my complete hysterectomy and I have loved it. I am not on HRT and have had no pain at all. I have been blessed. I would have had this done years earlier had I known how easy metapause would be.

Closed Thread