It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

Kimberley~ HB User
Post Avg Length of Period

Okay so I got a question.
I've talked with a lot of my friends about this just in casual conversation and now i am curious.

how long do all you ladies generally get your period for? From what I hear from ANYONE i have talked to is 5-7 days. What i wanna know is how many out there are like 3 days max?

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining i just feel weird cuz i have never heard of anyone else only getting it for 3 days. the first day is REALLY light......then the next day is fairly heavy but not too bad...and the third day is all light and pretty much nothing so it's really one intense day. that's not a bad thing is it?

Thanks all

Old 07-29-2003, 01:31 AM   #2

Tyger HB User
Different girls have different periods.
Count yourself lucky!
Mine was usually an average of about 5 days, very light on the last 2.
Now I'm on the pill, so my period is slightly different as its not a 'true' period, and generally only lasts 3 or 4 days with extremely light bleeding on the 4th if any.

It all depends on your body. Most women will range from 3-7 days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2003, 02:57 PM   #3

~~NatureLovers~~ HB User
Growing up I was never regular. Would bleed badly including painful clots, and this would go on for months at a time, other times, and it was like night and day, I could go without a period for 6 months.
Being now a mother of two boys, and now on the pill religiously for 6 yrs, I barely bleed for 3 days max, and the flow is always lt to medium.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #4

Rema HB User
Hi Kimberley...Just to let you know that we have exactly the same type of period. I only get my period for 3 days. Light the first day, heavy the second and extremely light the third. I have asked my doctor about this and he said I shouldnt complain! But let me tell you the pain that comes with this 3 day period is just ridiculous!

Old 07-29-2003, 07:20 PM   #5
(female)

Kimberley~ HB User
Rema

So I get no cramps nothing..........I think I am extremly lucky. I did however attempt the whole tampon thing after deciding that wuld be easier and i am 22...........and my body didn't like that.....i got mega cramps........an for some reason it would be fine for a hour couldn't tell it was there then it would feel like it was falling out. So I would check and sure enough it was. No matter how far I seemed to shove it in it still seemed to fall out. So I guess i am still not ready for those yet. But at least i got it in. Maybe i need to shove it in even further then i thought but i was sure it was as far as it went.
Glad to know someone else only gets 3 days like m that's cool..

Old 07-29-2003, 09:03 PM   #6

Rema HB User
I stick to pads, for me they are more comfortable and seeing that we only have a short period, wearing a pad as opposed to a tampon isnt so bad.

As for the average lenght of our periods, I'm sure we are the luckier ones that dont have to put up with it for 5-7 days!

Old 07-30-2003, 12:05 AM   #7

deliciousmess HB User
lol, 3 days. Before I went on the pill, my period went for ten days at LEAST. Sometimes it felt like there was only a week between periods. THANKYOU MODERN MEDICINE FOR THE PILL!!

Closed Thread