It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2003, 07:32 PM   #1

laur18 HB User
Red face septate hymen anyone????

i just went to the gyno today for the first time and found out that i have a septate hymen. i have an extremely difficult time wearing tampons and taking them out is just torturous. now i know why..
also, i tried to have sex for the first time a few weeks ago with my boyfriend and we couldn't get it in all the way. also, now i know why..

i have to have surgery to fix this..has this happened to anyone before? please share your experiences with me. i'm nervous..

Old 07-30-2003, 04:58 AM   #2

QuietStorm4000 HB User
Red face

My neice had surgery for just that and she said it was no big whoop. They did knock her out though so she never knew what hit her. just make sure you're sedated enough to keep the panic factor at a minimum!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2003, 07:49 AM   #3

laur18 HB User
ok. thank you for the input. i too will be knocked out, which also scares me a little since i've never had surgery before. but thanks for posting

Old 07-30-2003, 12:43 PM   #4

Djin HB User
I, too, was terrified the first time I went under for my wisdom teeth. But, really, it'll be ok. I've had two more minor surgeries since then, and though I was still a little nervous beforehand, I didn't have any problems. So try not to be concerned.

Also, it is better than the alternative. I have a close friend whose hymen was very tough, but she didn't know until she had sex for the first time (didn't go to the gyno first, as she should have). As a result, her first sexual experience was absolutely torturous and she was sick for two days!

So don't worry about your surgery. It will keep you from much pain later!

Good luck!

Closed Thread